Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newownergal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 03:29 PM
    Both of my bath tubs are not draining?
    The house was built in 1956. All sinks, toilets, dishwasher and washing machine drain without issues. Had the septic pumped and repaired with new baffels.
    One of the tubs is about 50 ft away from the other. The septic is just outside of one of the tubs which is about 10 ft from the outlet for the septic.
    Would the tubs be on a separate drain?
    Could both of the drum traps fail at the same time?
    The tubs have been draining slowly for a couple of years... now they take a day to drain. I have augered the first few feet and came up with nothing significant.
    What should be my next move?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 29, 2012, 04:55 PM
    You have drum traps? Then you can't snake from the tubs. I would open up the drum traps and snake from there. Here's a tip on opening up the cover.(see image) Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 05:18 PM
    If you can't access the drum trap by removing the cover then it may be time to replace them with new PVC drum traps... ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do washing machines and bath tubs need a pea trap? [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out a septic gas problem which only occurs with heavy rains. We have realized that there are no pea traps in the drainage line for the washing machine and the bath tub? Do we need to install some and would this help with the septic gas smell? Thanks!

No Hot to Bath Tubs [ 10 Answers ]

Can't understand? We have Hot water everywhere but NO HOT WATER to the Bath Tubs

Bath tub not draining [ 10 Answers ]

My tub won't has not drained for months. I've used every product on the market and at this point I think it needs to be rodded. Who can I get an estimate from?

Very slow draining bath tub [ 4 Answers ]

I had my bathroom remodeled a couple of months ago. The tub was moved and replaced. There were a lot of gurgling sounds coming from the tub when the laundry was running so I called the contractor. He came back out and did something with the cap, the top piece on the large white pipe in the...

Bath tub draining [ 1 Answers ]

I have a stupid question: How fast is a bath tub supposed to drain?

View more questions Search