Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Houseofgirls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2012, 05:25 AM
    Our 3 year old dog has just started pooing and weeing inside.
    Our am staff/am bulldog has just started pooing and weeing on a particular rug in a room that is rarely used. Recently we went away for 3 weeks and came back and our house sitters said she started pooing, this has only happened on occasion since until the past week, where she has done a poo each night. So last night we rolled up the rug and she did a wee on the tiles in place! She sleeps inside, always have and this is occurring at night. I am pregnant with number 2- could she
    Be sensing this? She is sensitive at the best of times and has a very dominant personality. Please help!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 06:28 AM
    Any sort of disruption in routine can cause a dog to regress in training. It may take you going back to basics before he gets back into his normal routine. The bully breeds can be one of the most stubborn breeds. Every time your dog eats, drinks or plays take him outside to do his business, think back to your puppy house breaking days.

Use a really good enzyme cleaner when cleaning up the mess. I really like a vinegar and tee tree oil solution. I use half vinegar half water and 3-4 drops of tee tree oil.
    hairthere Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Apr 5, 2012, 07:06 AM
    It possibly a protest. My rotti does this when we got a new animal and always peed on the new dogs bed or even ON THE DOG itself! He was first and isn't happy to share his attention but he has stopped once we realised it was him. We basically banned him from the room and corrected him when we caught him peeing. Thank god my other dogs are clean freaks and don't do this.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 5, 2012, 02:49 PM
    It's not usually out of protest, but rather dominance, your dog trying to show he is the boss and the king of the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 3-year-old Jack Russell has started weeing in the house [ 1 Answers ]

For the last few days my 3yr old jack Russell has been weeing in the same spot in the house. He would usually whine to go out if he needs to. Everything else is normal he is eating OK, but he is drinking a bit more than usual. Also I am 6 months pregnant.

Why has my dog started weeing and won't stop barking? [ 1 Answers ]

I have just moved in with my 6 month old baby to ma and pa's house and they have a cat and I have a jack russell he is 3 years old. He being joey the jack russell has just started to wee in the house an won't stop barking when he's put outside. ( while trying to clean up? ) why is he doing this...

My 13 year old dog started going inside [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 13 year old rat terrier. He had 5 shots at the annual visit early this month. Until then, he was relatively healthy. He reacted pretty bad to the shots with sore muscles for 3 days, then started urinating in the house. The number of accidents has been increasing. I don't...

View more questions Search