Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samdarwen Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2012, 02:27 AM
    What does the bible say about the Mayan’s prophecy 12/21/2012?
    What does the bible say about the Mayan’s prophecy 12/21/2012?
    I heard some says that according to some kind of math, the bible acknowledges the prophecy, so please explain
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Mar 19, 2012, 03:34 AM
    Well, the bible nowhere states a specific date to the end of the world. In the Gospel of Matthew Jesus says
    Mt. 24:36 - "But of that day and hour no one knows..."
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 19, 2012, 06:21 AM
    Actually there is no "Mayan Prophecy" about the end of the world in 2012. That's fiction that was made up to sell some books.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2012, 06:31 AM
    The bible does not even mention South American, the Mayan society and has nothing in it about the end of the world in 2012.
    Next there is not even a Mayan Prophecy. That is merely the year their printed calender runs out, My calender on my wall runs out each year but does not mean the world ends, just time to print more calendar. Perhaps the Mayan's just did not carve any more dates and was going to do it, latter.
    samdarwen Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2012, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    The bible does not even mention South American, the Mayan society and has nothing in it about the end of the world in 2012.
    Next there is not even a Mayan Prophecy. That is merely the year their printed calender runs out, My calender on my wall runs out each year but does not mean the world ends, just time to print more calander. Perhaps the Mayan's just did not carve any more dates and was going to do it, latter.
    The question is what the bible think of the prophecy itself and not the Americas. End of time to be more to the point
    Sorry if that misled you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muslim prophecy [ 8 Answers ]

I have heard that there is a Muslim prophecy that says that there will come a time when the sun will rise in the West. What do you, as a Muslim think that means? 1. Literally? 2. That the West will see the light of Islam and convert? 3. A leader who will expedite the cause of Islam?

Ancient mayan calendar end date in 2012 [ 57 Answers ]

During the last year I kept stumbling upon information regarding 2012, more specifically the 21st of December 2012 (12/21/12) and have become very interested in what the ancient Mayans knew surrounding this upcoming event for Earth and the Uinverse and the Universal beings here awaiting this event....

Last date of Mayan calender (21 December 2012) [ 1 Answers ]

I want some knowledge related to Date: 21 December 2012. I heard in News, but not clearly remember. It is the last date of one calender which is known as Mayan calender. Can somebody explain clearly.

Thiaoouba prophecy [ 12 Answers ]

Has anyone read this book? - Thiaoouba Prophecy: Dangers to Humanity on Earth explained What do u think of it?

What is the lesson behind the Prophecy? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, What is the lesson and message behing the Prophecy is Daniel chappter 3 about the image made of Gold? What do you think it is? Take care, Hope12 :o

View more questions Search