Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Feb 19, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Whirlpool Dishwasher
    We have a dishwasher that was installed when we bought our house. It is a Whirlpool Quiet Partner 1, Model #DU1050XTPT1, Serial #FR4303499. The unit and house are just about 1.5-2years old. The problem is the dishwasher stopped running the normal wash cycle or any cycle for that matter. It gets half way through and quits and the clean light flashes. The service tech came in and looked at it and cycled it through a reset function by pushing the Hi-Temp wash, heated dry, Hi-temp wash and heated dry again. This seemed to "fix" the problem for about 2 days. Now we have the same problem and again we tried the reset and it will clear. Then when you try the wash cycle the same thing happens and it will not complete a wash cycle. We have had Whirlpool appliances before and they have always been very good but this thing is annoying. We looked for any recalls and there were none on the electronics. I can pay to have them come fix it but I think that it is ridiculous that it would go out that soon.
    I went on line and looked at a parts manual and I am making an assumption that either the thermal electronic fuse is bad or intermittent (we always have power to the panel so I guess this may not be the issue) or the electronic control module is screwed up. Either way I am washing dishes by hand and letting them dry on the top rack of the dishwasher...
    Any help would be appreciated...
    Thanks
    redannie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Why is my dishwasher holding water in the bottom?also leave my dishes spotted.
    psrome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcdallas
    We have a dishwasher that was installed when we bought our house. It is a Whirlpool Quiet Partner 1, Model #DU1050XTPT1, Serial #FR4303499. The unit and house are just about 1.5-2years old. The problem is the dishwasher stopped running the normal wash cycle or any cycle for that matter. It gets half way through and quits and the clean light flashes. The service tech came in and looked at it and cycled it through a reset function by pushing the Hi-Temp wash, heated dry, Hi-temp wash and heated dry again. This seemed to "fix" the problem for about 2 days. Now we have the same problem and again we tried the reset and it will clear. Then when you try the wash cycle the same thing happens and it will not complete a wash cycle. We have had Whirlpool appliances before and they have always been very good but this thing is annoying. We looked for any recalls and there were none on the electronics. I can pay to have them come fix it but I think that it is ridiculous that it would go out that soon.
    I went on line and looked at a parts manual and I am making an assumption that either the thermal electronic fuse is bad or intermittent (we always have power to the panel so I guess this may not be the issue) or the electronic control module is screwed up. Either way I am washing dishes by hand and letting them dry on the top rack of the dishwasher....
    Any help would be appreciated...
    Thanks
    I have the same dishwasher and it is under a recall for the heating element. Just call the whirpool recall line on their website. I am not sure if your's or my problem is covered but part of it is.
    cjcdallas Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Mar 13, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by psrome
    I have the same dishwasher and it is under a recall for the heating element. Just call the whirpool recall line on their website. I am not sure if your's or my problem is covered but part of it is.
    Thanks for the response. We did have the heater element replaced under warranty but that is when the trouble started. Ever since they replaced the heater element it has been a bust.
    We did find out that if we ran vinegar through the dishwasher it did run part of the time but it did that before. We (my wife) found out the door latch was a bit bent but too much. She bent it up a little and it did not work. Then she bent it down a little bit the next day and the thing worked. Now we will see how long that lasts. Whirlpool will not help us and we also called the home builder and no help there either...
    Thanks again...
    Washup Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2011, 06:12 AM
    Sorry can't help you, as I have same problem. Did you ever get yours fixed?
    Any advice appreciated.
    jab657 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2011, 03:34 AM
    I have a whirlpool acp4500 OLD LOL it has worked well but now it don't stop draining and will not go to the wash
    I have stopped it and held the button for 10 seconds to make it start again (green light flashing ) when I do this it starts to drain again but just will not go any more thatn this funny thing is it was going on now and then now seems to have stopped at this would it be the conrtol pannel
    Washup Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2011, 06:57 AM
    Still looking for help with whirlpool dishwasher which starts, does one bleep and drain then starts filling up and bleeping, bleeping, bleeping. Didn't use for 2weeks, it was OK for one wash, now back to same problem. Help please?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool dishwasher smell [ 4 Answers ]

We have a whirlpool silent partner III dishwasher that is 2-1/2 years old. It has developed a very unpleasent odor (like a dead animal). We have tried several remedies... vinegar, bleach, baking soda, etc. The odor goes away for a couple of washes and then returns with a vengeance. We have even...

Whirlpool Dishwasher [ 1 Answers ]

For quite a while now our Whirlpool Gold Quiet Partner III hasn't been working properly. It seems to clean the dishes fine but there is always water on them when the cycle is done. The "sanitized" light flashes instead of being a solid green light. Also, the cycle takes about three hours. I...

Wet whirlpool dishwasher [ 5 Answers ]

Everything else works, even put in new heating element, dishes still won't dry. What's up?

View more questions Search