Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smswart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2012, 01:57 AM
    How to evict someone of the property
    Can you please help me. I would like to buy a repossed house from absa. The problem: The owner of this house rented it out to her brother, he is staying there for the last 7 years, and has not paid her any rent. He also does not allow people to take a look at the property who is interrested in buying. If I decide to buy this property without viewing it, how do I get them out?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2012, 03:13 AM
    First it is a poor idea to do that unless you are getting the house for pennies on the dollar, since you don't know how bad it can be.

You demand that the seller evict him before you buy.

If you buy it with him in it, you will first be stuck with any lease that is on the property. You are stuck with any damage of the property, holes in walls, carpet destroyed, non working electric or heat or air.
    But you would give them notice to move, and when they don't move you file for an eviction in court.
    samdarwen Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2012, 03:15 AM
    You can condition when you buying the house from the bank, for them to remove the renter who is not a real renter. Although you might have to play along for two or three months, but as the new owner, you can send eviction notice (After you buy the house) and if they did not move, you get a court order without them being there and then get the police to do what they do best..
    Now remember; you cannot ask them for no money if you want them out...

It is simple if you play it legal

Sam
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 15, 2012, 07:26 AM
    "absa" like the Souh African bank? So is this a foreclosure? Does the brother have a lease and where are you located?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2012, 07:40 AM
    If the house was reposessed.. then the bank owns it and the old owner has nothing to say... the bank as the new owner decides who can see it or not in accordance with local laws... but the tenant can not in most places refuse to let people see it during reasonible hours with reasonible notice.

A lot depends on where this house is located... if you provide that information we can provide more specific answers.

After the bank FORCES the deadbeat to let you all in... get a home inspection so you know what you are getting into before you jump in with both feet... likely the sale is as-is, but at least you will know the problems up front.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Evict Someone from My Property? [ 7 Answers ]

While I was out of town my ex boyfriend took it upon his self to move back in. When I came back from my trip he had changed the locks and moved several other people in. I am the only person on the title to the mobile home but both our names are still on the lease with the manager of the trailor...

I want to evict my mother in law from my property,how do I get her off? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to evict my mother in law of my property,how do I go about it

I want to evict my son from my property in south africa [ 1 Answers ]

I ask this question on behlaf of my mother in law - She is a pensioner, and wants to evict her son, his wife and 3 teenage girls from my property. The reason is that the girls are 20,17, 12 years of age, she believes that they are into prostitution. PLEASE SHE NEEDS HELP URGENTLY - AS TO...

How do we evict a relative who co-owns the property? [ 8 Answers ]

9 years ago after our father passed away my sister & her family moved into the house to manage the rental apartments & storage spaces. She began to use the money for alcohol and we had to take over the management of the property. We now need to rent out the house in order to protect our property.

How can I evict my former girlfriend and mother of my son from my property? [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a home and have moved into it with my girlfriend and 10mo. Old son. The girlfriend is a chronic alcoholic and has psychologocal issues. She has recently started an argument with me and had me arrested for calling her a bad name. There is now a no contact order in place...

View more questions Search