Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellyclark1972 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 11:25 PM
    How can I keep my boyfriend from getting sent back to mexico he is in jail?
    My boyfriend has been locked up for over 5 months and I don't want them to send him back to mexico
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2012, 03:19 AM
    Why is he locked up? What is his immigration status?
    Have you hired him an attorney?
    samdarwen Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2012, 03:46 AM
    Usually; Mexicans will be deported no matter what they did... I did some research once and I knew many of the people that was deported... They most likely will send him back to Mexico but what you can do in the meanwhile is work on getting his legal status better like married stuff, also write a letter to the US Attorney General whom you will need before you can bring him back in the country Legally...

Nothing any attorney can do if he is with ICE, but I also know that most Mexicans deported to Mexico and come back from the back doors the same or next day... So; it is up to you but you are impressive standing by him after 5 months; most Americans will not hold two months after their husbands/boyfriends in jail.. Funny, but women her in the US are different and all respect for ones like you

Best luck for you

Sam
    amber31601 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 08:49 AM
    Sorry to hear that I'm in the same boat but it's been over 1 yr for me. It's really hard and I don't know what to do either

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in New Mexico, must I give boyfriend 30 days to move from my home. [ 2 Answers ]

It is my home, my name on mortgage, ALL utilities and etc are in my name, he pays about $500/mo to "help" that is all. No formal written agreement between us. I want him out as soon as possible.

Can my boyfriend with a felony get to Mexico AND BACK w/o hassle? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey guys - hoping to get an inside scoop as apparently the inner workings of the criminal justice system for a convicted felon are top secret... if you don't know the rules, how are you supposed to follow them? Anyway enough of my frustration - EXCON you seem to have it all figured out, come to...

Travel requirements to come back to US from Mexico for H1 B holders [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question for you. Currently, I work in the US on an H1B visa. Employer A was holding my H1B visa until mid 2008. However, in mid 2008, I transferred to Employer B, who transferred my H1B. I had gone to India and gotten my H1B visa stamp for Company A in 2007. So currently I just...

Walmart associate told my dad to go back to mexico! [ 29 Answers ]

My father was told this morning by an associate of Walmart to "go back to Mexico where you belong". My father is a U.S. citizen and U.S. Army Retired Veteran of Hispanic descent. Is this discrimination? He has filed a complaint with Walmart headquarters. Thanks for any input, Jorge

View more questions Search