Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dgplcy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 10:03 PM
    As a Canadian, can I supply my own marriage contract for a Philippines wedding?
    The wedding would be this year (2012). Would a 'pre-nup" contract be valid in Philippines?
    samdarwen Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2012, 04:48 AM
    Yes it will as long as you got yourself witnesses from Philippine
    Bennymcneil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 11:58 PM
    A pre nup is a very wise decision if you intend on living in Canada. Divorce is not allowed in the PH, it's etched in frickin stone.I don't know how long you have known this woman, or what the age difference is, but I advise you to cover your every which way but loose.Have immigration run her name as well.
    My friend was married in the PH in Nov 2011 and was dead 3 days later. All his bank accounts were cleaned out, assets transferred etc etc.
    I hope you have known this person for a good long time , because the down side is really a downside. You might want to avail yourself of some of the Philippine marriage scam websites and make sure your eyes are wide open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is marriage fraud a crime in Philippines? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been communicating with my fiancé for 2 years in the Philippines. I visited her on 14 November 2010 she requested that we get married when I came there she was in a desperate rush to marry. Prior to the marriage I was there 15 day and during that time she did not show any affection at all...

Fraud wedding to get Canadian PR card? [ 1 Answers ]

The guy came in 2009 in July. After 1 year he said he will get merrige to a girl. The girl said OK. Know they get merrige and it's been 3 months. She is pragant know and he want her to do abortion. He said I don't like you I just came to get PR card. So I just want to know can be abort from Country...

Wedding scam in the Philippines [ 7 Answers ]

Just joined your site read something interesting about Philippines wedding scams I know the thread is close,Uncommon wedding scam used in the Philippines A young filipina marries an older guy, in the philippines, with not intentions of ever migrating to his home country. The scam is to get him to...

Uncommon wedding scam used in the Philippines [ 9 Answers ]

A young filipina marries an older guy, in the philippines, with not intentions of ever migrating to his home country. The scam is to get him to support her/family by getting one hundred to two hundred dollars a month from him, leading him to believe that she will go to live with him as soon as the...

View more questions Search