Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jozee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 07:06 PM
    I have 3 cats and a new 4 month old puppy. The middle cat is still very apprehensive
    My 3 cats are 13, 8 and 2. The puppy is 4 months. I keep them secure and am click training the puppy. I have him only 2 1/2 weeks and he is very smart and already taught him to not bark at the cats. They do not like him in our house and he is separated by a gate most of the time. I worry about my 8 year old cat that stays under the bed most of the time and hisses at the dog. The puppy just wants to play but the kitties are scared. I am very concerned that Leo, my cat will not get comfortable. I got this puppy for my special needs child for therapy. Is there hope?
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Mar 16, 2012, 11:26 PM
    It depends. Cats are creatures of habit and introducing another pet can be stressful for them. Don't force anything. If Leo does not like the puppy then it might be best to keep them apart. Even with your support -sometimes one pet will not like another and they will need to be kept apart - that is OK. So long as they don't hurt each other you should be OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat-meeting-puppy advice? Should I keep my cats in... [ 1 Answers ]

I am bringing a new puppy into my house with two cats. Should I not let them out while puppy is in.

Leaving in the middle of the month [ 1 Answers ]

I paid a full months rent but will be moving out on the 15th. I live with a friend and no lease was written up. Would it be inconsiderate to ask for half my rent back? If I had a lease I would have left sooner due to the noise that constantly goes on around here, plus she hasn't lived up to what...

Hybrid puppy and cats [ 2 Answers ]

I'm getting a hybrid puppy and have 3 grown cats. Is there anything I can do to train the puppy with the cats?

Potty training an eight month old puppy from a puppy store [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I were at a pet store a week ago and saw the cutest little 8 month old Ratpoo. He was 'on sale' as they were trying to get rid of him as he had been there for 8 months. Our hearts broke for him so we decided to take him home (we also have a 6 YO lab/pit mix girl). We put him in a...

View more questions Search