Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kiki018 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 02:25 AM
    Trigonometry Question
    Okay this may be the dumbest question but I don't get how to do it:
    Jane travels 10km due south, then 7 km due west how far is Jane from her starting point?
    lolatthis Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 02:56 AM
    Pythagorean Theorem:

C^2 = A^2 + B^2

Answer = Squareroot ( 7(squared) + 10(squared) = Squareroot (49 + 100) = Squareroot (149)

= 12.207 km

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mathematics Trigonometry & Bearings Question [ 3 Answers ]

Two cyclists depart from the same point. One travels due East at 18km/hr while the other travels North-West at 20km/hr. How long (to the nearest minute) will it be before they are 80km apart?

Trigonometry [ 3 Answers ]

Hi galactus how shoud I solve this :confused: sin^2 20=cos^2 20-cos^2 40

Trigonometry [ 1 Answers ]

All right this seems to be an easy trigonometry question but for some strange reason I am having the most difficult with it. A tower standing on top of a hill is inclined at an angle of 18 degrees, it casts a shadow of 40 meters long down the side of the hill. The angle of elevation of the sun...

Trigonometry [ 13 Answers ]

I have to write a two page paper and a 10 min presentation on trigonometry and radios and I can't find anything! I know it has something to do with sin and cos but I can find nothing to elaborate on. I don't really know anything about sin and cos! Can anyone help me? Basically I need to know what...

Trigonometry question [ 4 Answers ]

A Gelert farmer owns a small farm just outside Meridell where he grows berries. His plot of land is a rather odd shape... it's in the shape of two overlapping squares, one at a 59-degree angle to the other. The larger of the two squares is 180 meters on a side, and the smaller of the two is 162...

View more questions Search