Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alitabluford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2012, 02:35 PM
    How does steam/water not get into the gap?
    I see the nailing flange and there is mildew in the gap which I have tried to clean out. There was a musty smell coming from the tub/shower unit and I think that is where it came from. Would really like to prevent a re-occurence. Your advice please?
    Also-if your advice is to caulk it, there is some lime/water mineral deposit build up on the fiberglass. How do you get that off? OR do you even need to remove it if we caulk it?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Mar 13, 2012, 04:21 PM
    Are you talking about your bicycle or your car?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 14, 2012, 07:49 AM
    I see the nailing flange and there is mildew in the gap
    What's a "nailing flange" and a gap between what? More details please, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Steam boiler is returning water via steam pipe rather than through condensate tank [ 0 Answers ]

I have a steam boiler heating system in my home. After steam is produced and goes to the radiators, it is condensating and returning to the boiler via the steam pipe rather than the pipe leading to the condensate tank. It is a two pipe system. The boiler overfills after each cycle and I have to...

Convert water to steam [ 4 Answers ]

100kg of water produce,how much quantity of steam

Specifications i.e. spark plug gap,tappet gap hot & cold, air gap [ 1 Answers ]

I need these specs for a briggs & stratton Vanguard 16 hp v-twin ohv engine. Model no 303442.Thank u very much Jan

Water Hammer on Hot water loop of Steam Boiler System [ 3 Answers ]

We have a steam boiler that provides steam for most of the house but also has a hot water loop for the additions. We have been getting a lot of water hammer and it sounds as if it is coming from the area where the first hot water radiator starts (ie it is from the hot water loop). Does anyone...

Water to steam [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Could Some One Help Me With My Home Work Im 13 1.100 Gramms Of Water Boiled Into Steam How Many Gramms Of Steam Would Be Formed 2. 5 Gramms Of Salt Is Dissolved In 100 Gramms Of Water;what Would Be The Mass Of The Salt Solution Formed? Cheers Adam

View more questions Search