Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jkgip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 10:33 AM
    Propane heated pool
    We have a 24' round 13500 gal pool and would like to know if a 28 gal tank will do the trick. Can you give me a ball park figure of how much that size tank would cost?
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Mar 10, 2012, 05:37 PM
    The amount of propane a tank can deliver is directly related to the surface area of the liquid propane inside the tank. My understanding is that almost all portable tanks are NOT large enough to deliver enough propane to operate a gas pool/spa heater.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 10, 2012, 07:51 PM
    Yep, Dr_Spa is correct. You would empty a tank pretty darn quick and they are not designed to give you the volume of LP needed for a heater. Can you access NG? Have you looked at heaters yet, they will tell you the size of line needed to provide fuel and some can be switched from LP to NG and bac, but not all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rigor mortis in body in heated pool for 12 hours [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what a body would look like if killed and left in a heated pool for 12 hours after death? What about lividity? Bloating? I have killed someone in my mystery novel but can't findmthe answer to these questions on the internet. Help please. My poor victim is left in this pool until...

Above ground pool propane heaters [ 0 Answers ]

I want to buy a propane gas pool heater for an above ground 18'x33' pool. I like my temperature to be around 80. I get full sun, when there is sun, so most times I can heat my pool from the sun,, but if we have a cool summer,, it is hard to maintain 80f. So, my question is,, how many BTU's do I...

Portable Propane Tank Size for a 100k BTU pool Heater? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to purchase a 100K BTU propane heater for my 18' round pool and I have a few questions: What size propane tank should I use? LBS? What safety issues do I need to be concerned about? Thanks to anyone that can help.

Installing above ground pool propane heater [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a 24 foot circle above ground pool, but find with the shade surrounding the pool, we would like to raise the water temperature approximately 10 degrees. We believe we would like to install a Hayward propane heater. The Adobe instruction manual is available on line for the...

View more questions Search