Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buch1979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 04:24 AM
    How to get money from 401k
    I need to get money out of my 401 k. Also, honest people and businesses that have experience in these kind of areas.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 10, 2012, 04:49 AM
    I'm befuddled by your honest people and businesses comment. It really has nothing to do with your question.

If you have money in a 401(k), they you can withdraw it ONLY if your plan permits in-service withdrawals or you have left the company. If you are under age 59 1/2, then there will be penalties for withdrawing. Whatever you withdraw, will be subject to a 10% penalty. In additional what you withdraw will be added to your taxable income for the year.

You might explore taking a loan from the plan if your plan permits. Whatever, you pay on the loan goes right back into your account, so you are, essentially paying yourself interest.

You need to talk to the plan administrator about either a withdrawal or a loan.
    Sneh77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 12:45 AM
    Ok I will try
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 21, 2012, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneh77 View Post
    Ok i will try
    Huh? Are you the original poster under a different name or just in a similar situation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401k money [ 1 Answers ]

I works for Kentucky fried chicken from 1993 through 2000 n l don't know what's the company o where is the money

Can I use my 401k money now [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently working with lukes law office. They are a debt relief company. I have two credit cards that I have in this program. One is sueing me and taking me to court. I have only about a third saved of what I owe them. Can I use my 401k to help pay this?

401k money [ 1 Answers ]

How do you claim money recevied from a 401k on your taxes

Get money from 401k [ 1 Answers ]

I stopped my 401k how can I get my money

Need money from 401k [ 3 Answers ]

Need to take my money out of my 401k plan,what steps do I need to take.

View more questions Search