Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cfrbuofs Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2012, 08:44 AM
    Am I pregnant?
    I posted previously but never got any real answers. On jan 19/12 I started what I thought was my period, but was very light and only lasted 3 days. My normal periods are medium flow for 4 or 5 days. The last time I had sex was Jan 1 a week after my December period ended. I researched my 3 day period and found out it could be vaginal bleeding from pregnancy. Immediately I freaked out. About a week after I had the bleeding I took a hpt first response. It was negative and I calmed down a little bit. I realized enough was enough with the pregnancy scares and I was going to start birth control. On feb 12 I started them which was a week before my expected period (my younger sister and I both did this and realized it was a bad idea obviously should have waited) so last Saturday I took my last pill from the pack and since I'm on 21 pack I'm in my week of no pills. About Wednesday I started spotting very little brown that morning. By Thursday it was more and more blood and I finally got some red and it felt a bit like a normal period again. I kept spotting brown throughout the day and now it's Friday morning and still brown spotting with a little red. Everyone I talk to seems to think it's just extra light from being on birth control. So I'm wondering since I started my pack a week before my period, is all this brown just blood that didn't get out last cycle? Or am I pregnant ? I took another hpt on Tuesday which was the day before I started spotting and it said negative. What do you guys think? Could I be pregnant or is there no chance because I'm bleeding... My symptoms over the last two months have been extreme constipation and diarehha, boobs hurting and Montgomery glands seem to be showing lots, veins in my nipples so visible, veins in hands and legs too, diziness and headaches on bcp. Fatigue sometimes, lower back pain sharp shooting pains in the stomach but only lasted a few minutes. I'm extremely bloated and gassy but I'm guessing that's from being constipated. Like I looked pregnant one day that's how bloated I was. Cancer does run in my family... And I think in worst case that's what it would be on a level of my more personal symptoms that I didn't talk about. Please don't tell me to go to the doctor, I will and I know to. But for now I'd like insight on here. I couldn't handle being pregnant I'm not ready. I've only had sex once since all this happened which was Jan 1 with a condom on and he pulled out. Please help! -Jenny
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2012, 08:53 AM
    You mean the answers you got on this thread... https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/pregna...cy-639268.html

Looked like real answers to me. However you didn't ask exactly the same thing.

And condom or not... no form of birth control is 100% effective.

Its been several months... a HPT is going to give you a fairly accurate result at this point... and besides... WHY haven't you gone to the doctor yet since you know you should.

Mar 9, 2012, 09:21 AM
    I did get real answers I didn't mean it like that.just not ones that necessarily helped me.
    justlucky Posts: 12, Reputation: -2

Mar 9, 2012, 03:25 PM
    I too maybe pregnant as well. I am 14 days late for my period since the First of my Last period, 28th January. My cycle length is usually 7 Days. However I went to the Doctor yesterday and did a pregnancy test. The results came back negative, Monday just gone I went to a local birth care for a pregnancy test, the results was also negative. So I asked my doctor yesterday for a Pregnancy Blood Test which will give accurate results. I have an appointment on Monday to find out whether pregnant or not. But take notes here: Last week Monday, I thought I had my period, it was spotting brownish look color. But within an hour later there were no sign of blood or leakage, I thought OK must be a mistake. Later that night I started feeling sick with chills lasting for 3 days, and after that I got sick again with dizzy spells lasting right up to now. And now... today I'm eating frequently like every 2 hours. 6:48am I got up to make me some Peanut Butter Bread and Hot Tea. At 8:35am I was hungry again, this time I made me some Tomato, Cheese and Onion toast grilled in the oven and hot milk (70% boiling water of course), now its 11:23am and I'm getting again. Isn't it odd for someone eating like that all the time? I can only wait for my blood test to find out. Pray that I am pregnant!

Mar 10, 2012, 03:29 PM
    Awe :) good luck to you and I'm hoping you get the results you want! That's crazy how hungry you are. Must be a good sign!

Mar 10, 2012, 03:32 PM
    And smoothy... I've been to the doctors 3 times and they say it's normal to have the feelings and symptoms I do. Long story short. I just don't feel like I know what to believe. Obviously my doctor. But it's just hard, you don't know me and the details of my situation. So who are you to judge! I'm doing my best
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2012, 06:55 PM
    Who am I to judge? I passed no judgement here, If you think I did you are the one in error, I gave an answer, that's all. You come to a public stite... terms of service state you accept the answers you get... they are fair and unbiased answers... the best answers you will ever get from someone is from those who don't know you, because they will give it to you straight. Friends and family will always withhold info and sugarcoat the rest. That's something you really don't need if you really want an answer.

If the HPT tests say you aren't, If your doctors tests say you aren't... then you aren't... you need to believe what the doctor tells you... the first few weeks... you won't know for certain... by the first month an HPT will he highly accurate... after three months, particularly tests at the doctor... will be 100% accurate, and the doctors tests will be more accurate in the early days as well. You could make a mistake with a HPT... but doctors offices rarely make mistakes.

Mar 11, 2012, 12:21 PM
    I know I know... reality is just hard to take in sometimes... I've been frustrated with this situation I'm in because it never all added up quite right. But I need to learn to trust my doctor and the negative HPT's. But thank you for your response you truly gave me the answer I needed.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2012, 12:42 PM
    Both you and your sister think you might be pregnant? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...ol-637990.html

Or am I misreading something?

I'm curious about what State or Country you are in where you, as the sister, can give permission to someone underage to receive birth control by prescription.

Mar 12, 2012, 03:53 PM
    Well I have coverage and mine costs about 3 dollars every 2 months :) so cost is not an issue for me.

Mar 12, 2012, 11:29 PM
    judykaytee, I forgot to add more detail to the post about starting my younger sister on bcp, when I said I started her on it, I didn't exactly mean it Like that! I went into the doc with her during her appointment for support. I wanted her to start being responsible if she's going to be sexually active, so when she asked me to go with her to the doctor I said yes and was happy she asked me. We went in, our family doctor gave her a perscription and we filled it at the pharmacy and waited 15-20 minutes for it. I did not just give her random birth control lol, if that's what you were wondering...

Mar 12, 2012, 11:32 PM
    And I was starting back up on it again so it was easy to get it together at the same appointment!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

View more questions Search