Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Olive.grapes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Does a cartilage piercing hurt?
    I am 13 and was wondering whether a needle or a gun was better because I want to be as safe as possible and how sore is it? What's the worst that can happen? Thanks :)
    sharkkiller1 Posts: 55, Reputation: 10

Mar 8, 2012, 05:44 PM
    Don't do it your just being like everyone else be your own person and don't care what other people think or want you to do you will be very happy in life
    Chlobuscus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 07:38 PM
    Use a needle, if you use a gun there's a chance your cartilage could shatter (OUCH) , when you get it you kind of jump because it pinches a little and you'll be sore for a while after, but it isn't that bad. Just make sure you clean it and twisi it so the skin doesn't grow onto it (the twisting hurts at first). It really isn't that bad.
    jeffreyhorton1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 09:40 AM
    It didn't really hurt until a little after only hurt for like infection for cartilage.Always make sure you go to a reputable place that uses a sterilized needle & not a gun for a cartilage piercing.
    beksloves1d Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2012, 07:52 PM
    In 13 and got mine done almost a year ago, mine didn't hurt at all and never did, it healed perfectly! But my friends hurt a lot :/ and she had some problems so it depends on where you get it done I think, but don't use a gun, it shatters it and don't play with it either because it could irrotate it and then it becomes sore.
    MadJoy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 10:44 AM
    Hello! I can honestly say to you, there is no way to know how much it will hurt YOU until you get it done. It varies for everyone. First of all, I want you to know the proper name for the piercing is a helix piercing. Pretty much all of your ear is cartilage besides your lobes, but I know what your wanting pierced and it's your helix. Second, please, please go to a professional tattoo shop and get pierced with a needle. There are many reasons for this! The one you are probably most concerned about, is the pain difference. I can PROMISE you that it hurts less to get pierced with a needle than a gun. See with a gun, they basically shoot a dull, unsanitary earring in your ears, which can cause your cartilage to shatter. Cartilage is a thin bone, so bone doesn't really move over well. The best solution is a needle, because it is for one a TON more sanitary, and two because it is extremely sharp and hollowed out, so instead of forcing something dull in, it cuts the hole out. Sounds crazy but it's so much less painful. Now as for care, clean it twice daily with saline. Do a salt soak if it starts to get swollen, red, or you see a bump on it. As for my experience, it didn't hurt at all. I honestly didn't feel the needle go in. For that it was probably a 1 out of 10 as far as pain, and maintenance wasn't hard either. But like I said it's TOTALLY different for everyone and the only way to find out is to just get it done. Be strong! Even at the worst possible pain it only last 30 seconds at the most. When you're getting it done just keep thinking, I'm a bad!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does cartilage piercing hurt? [ 4 Answers ]

I really want my cartilage piercing by needle done but watching videos on YouTube it looks really really painful, is it? Also what do I do if it gets infected and what are the chances of it getting infected? I have my ear lobe pierced 3 times and only my third one was really painful afterwards and...

Cartilage piercing hurt? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm going to get my cartilage pierced soon and was wondering how bad and for how long it would hurt. I was also thinking of getting two at one time... should I do this? Thanks! Tell me your experiences :)

Does cartilage piercing hurt? [ 1 Answers ]

Someone help me I need to know!

How much does a cartilage piercing hurt? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting my cartlage pierced on Wednesday the 22nd December 2010 and I am so nervous about if it will hurt or not because I have heard from some people that it does but from others I have heard that it doesn't

Does piercing your cartilage hurt [ 1 Answers ]

I don't think it hurts when I got mine don't at claires it wasa little stinging for about 18 seconds and I juts got mine done I remember and it hurts when I roatate them and when you touch it or something hits it remember don't sleep on it cause it will go right through your ear

View more questions Search