Ask
    DeonE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2012, 07:13 PM
    Teenage dating laws
    Is it illegal for a 17 year old boy to date a 15 year old girl
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2012, 08:50 PM
    As long as both parents agree. There are no "dating" laws, there are laws that regulate them having sex. So as long as they don't plan any sex or sexual touching there is no issue
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2012, 04:31 AM
    This is a frequently asked and answered question here. No place I know of has laws that cover dating. But when the parties are minors, their parents are in control so need to approve. There are laws against interfering with parental control and there are laws covering sexual activity.
    cfrbuofs Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2012, 12:31 PM
    Where I live there are no dating laws, but sex there is. Example once your over the age of 16 you can with someone who is tops 3 years older than you. But if they're older than that you need consent or could be charged with statutory rape. I don't know if that only applies where I live.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2012, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrbuofs View Post
    where I live there are no dating laws, but sex there is. example once your over the age of 16 you can with someone who is tops 3 years older than you. but if they're older than that you need consent or could be charged with statutory rape. I don't know if that only applies where I live.

What State is this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teenage girls dating losers [ 20 Answers ]

I have heard from many parents that many teenage girls go through a phase where they get involved with boys who are losers and troublemakers. I'm worried that this will happen with my daughters. Do any other parents have any experience with this phase and advice other than not allowing dating...

Teenage girls dating older boys [ 2 Answers ]

My 16.5 year old teenage daughter is dating a 19 year old guy. Is the 2.5 year age gap too much of a difference? I don't believe it is, however, my husband does. What do we do? I trust my daughter and we have a great relationship and I want to keep it that way. Any advice?

Teenage daughter dating [ 16 Answers ]

My 16 year old daughter has been dating a 17 year old boy for several months. At first, my wife and I found him to be a very nice boy. It didn't take long, though for him to show himself to be a "hot head". I have heard him yelling at my daughter on the phone, I have seen texts from him, in...

Teenage Dating [ 37 Answers ]

I have a teenage daughter (who is black) that wants to date a teenage boy (who is Korean). I am having a great deal of trouble with this concept, I don't care about my daughter dating outside her race but, Koreans are such intolerant people I feel he will hurt her emotionally. They are both very...

View more questions Search