Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cfrbuofs Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Feb 29, 2012, 09:32 PM
    Bleeding during pregnancy what could it mean?
    My good friend Alice recently had a hunch she was about 4.5- 5 weeks pregnant. Yesterday, she told me she was scared of miscarrying because she experienced about 3.5 days of bleeding. Her period is normally 5 sometimes 4 days long. She explained to me that she woke up with cramps that she gets with her normal period, went to the bathroom and noticed she was bleeding. She said the hole toilet was filled with blood basically and she consistently bled for 2 days , started heavy and kept getting lighter and by the 3.5 day of it it was just spotting old brown blood. She asked me if her baby would be OK or if it was just her period acting weird or a miscarry or what's going on? She still has pregnancy symptoms such as breast and back pain headaches constipation fatigue pins and needles fever and shivers. She has a doc appointment this weekend but was wondering if I could help her out in the mean time?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 29, 2012, 09:52 PM
    Does she know for sure that she's pregnant? Why is she waiting for the weekend to see the doctor? Something like this she seems to be taking in stride without too much worry. I would say this is an emergency situation and she should have been at the doctor rather than talking to you about it.

Feb 29, 2012, 10:16 PM
    Her fam doc is out of town, I suggested she go to er but there's not much I can do I can't really drag her there
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 29, 2012, 10:22 PM
    I'm not blaming you... it just doesn't make sense to me, you know?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2012, 03:16 PM
    Some of the symptoms she is experiencing are not generally associated with pregnancy, so it may be that she is ill instead... which could cause her period to be off a bit. Has she tried a pregnancy test at all? That would be one way to possibly confirm whether she is indeed pregnant.

Mar 1, 2012, 05:57 PM
    She tested negative 6 days after the bleeding started. Now she is getting more prominent veins on her nipples hands and body and bumps on her nipples which I figured to be her montgomery glands. She can't figure out why it's negative with all the symptoms

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding after pregnancy? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I gave birth 6 weeks ago he weighed 8 lb 15 ozs, I was induced and ended up having a forceps delivery with an episiotomy. I know you are supposed to have some bleeding for a few weeks after the birth, I bled for 5 weeks after the birth and then the bleeding stopped completely. So me and my...

Bleeding after pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

How long do you normally bleed after pregnancy? I gave birth to my daughter on Feb. 23rd and am still bleeding. It was a vaginal birth and I am breastfeeding but it just seems like a long time ago to still be bleeding this much. Is this normal?

Bleeding during pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I have been bleeding for about 4 days now. I am 5-6 weeks along. No severe cramping just uncomfortable. I had a vaginal ultrasound done and my OB said he could not see the baby but could see the yolk sac and that I had not had a miscarriage and to come back in a week because they usually hide at...

Bleeding during pregnancy [ 10 Answers ]

I'm 18 years old I am bleeding but may br pegnant but am scared to take a test I am wondering if I am pregnant as I have been being sick in the mornings and sometimes the evenings and have not been able to keep any solid food down but have managed to do it with liquids except dairy like milk but...

Bleeding During Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Im 7 weeks pregnant with my first child! Two days ago, I began darkly spotting. I went to the doctor, who said everything was fine. It got worse yesterday as the blood became more redish so I returned and once again. After multiple tests, I was reassured I was fine. Now I am passing tissue and...

View more questions Search