Ask
    rosieone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2012, 03:51 PM
    Does infection from tooth enter body
    Can infection in tooth cause swollen ankle
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 29, 2012, 03:58 PM
    It can enter the blood stream, infections have been known to collect on heart valves too.
    MetalMouthMedia Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2012, 09:50 AM
    Yes, current research has shown there is a direct connection that should convince everyone that it's important to keep up with good oral habits. Check out the whole new group on the subject, the American Academy for Oral Systemic Health (www.AAOSH.org) - it just means doctors and dentists are coordinating efforts, and dentists can sometimes predict whole-body health problems based on what they see in your mouth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you have a tooth infection roughly how long will it take for anibiotics to get rid [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I recently wanted a tooth extraced due to it breaking away in part. I had 3 injections to numb the pain but I still felt as the dentist tried to extract. After this I was put on antibiotics for the week. That week is now up and a second attempt will be made in a couple of days. Is this enough...

I'm experiencing pain in my root canal tooth. Could this be because of an infection? [ 2 Answers ]

Since a day ago, I have pain in the tooth I had a root canal done on about 2 years ago. I have a permanent crown and have never had a problem with it. But now I can't even chew it's so painful. It was even throbbing in the middle of the night therefore I didn't sleep well.

Dull tooth pain with biting down or when tap side of tooth with fingernail [ 3 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! I'm trying to get pregnant and want my teeth better soon. Tooth #19 (bottom left molar) had a root canal about 8 months ago. I had a permanent filling in it until recently when my insurance would cover a crown. (tooth had no cracks and had a narrow root canals so OK to wait) I had no...

Do Jinns enter the human body? [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any scientific research on entering Jinns into human body? Or is there any thing like this in Qur'an and hadith? There are some imams in our country (Iraq/kurdistan) who speak with the Jinns and take out the Jinns from the Human bodies? Should we believe in these? Please answer me...

Can A Bad Tooth Cause A Bladder Infection? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a bad tooth in my mouth which needs to come out... However When I pee It smells very bad and its very strong so I went to the doctor and got an std check because it scared me so when the results came it it was negative so I was very happy. However they told me I had a bladder infection so I...

View more questions Search