Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MichaelSJR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2012, 04:55 PM
    Ingrown Toenail - Possible Lawsuit?
    Hello,
    So I had an operation when I was 15 to have an ingrown toenail removed. The surgery I thought went just fine until I realized that my toenail wasn't growing back. I am 22 now and still do not have a toenail. The lack of this nail causes pains, and strange skins to grow. Is this a basis for a Lawsuit?
    SoftSummer Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

Feb 26, 2012, 05:57 PM
    I mean, the only things that would be a bit of a struggle with the toenail is the time that's gone by... I would first go by the office and explain the situation and see if they'll try to correct their error free of charge, and then maybe after that see if you still want to possible seek legal action.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 26, 2012, 06:05 PM
    You will have to first have a medical exam and find out why it is not growing back. Next find out why there is pain (is it growing but into the toe perhaps) since no toenail should not be a cause for pain. So first you have to find out what issue you are having and if it is ever related to the toe nail removal. Next if there is a relationship, you have to research medical records ( have another doctor see if there was any error in the medical procedure.

Next did you have and do proper follow up when you were 15, or did you not go back when you should have. ( not saying you did, but all of this will be part of the law suit)

Next what issues did it cause when you were 16, when you were 18, when you were 20, and if it was causing pain or problem then, what medical follow up did you do then. I see really nothing losing a toe nail could do to cause long term issues, as long as you did not allow it to get infected and did proper follow up with the doctor, ( again unless they did something wrong) so you will not only have to prove this was the cause, but that the doctor did something wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ingrown toenail [ 4 Answers ]

Since you are a nurse, I'm sure you know how an ingrown toenail is removed.. Tell me if this is right and if you think this is medical malpractice. My boyfriend had his ingrown toenail removed in a doctors office without the proper tools. The doctor was told by him that the toe was NOT...

Ingrown toenail [ 3 Answers ]

Not for the squeamish but I really need help! A few months ago my toenail was completely ripped off and is finally growing back. One corner of it began to grow into my skin. I don't have health insurance, so I attempted to cut that section off and pull the nail that's grown in out. However, I've...

What do you do when your toenail pops off? [ 3 Answers ]

Last week my dad tripped over something and broke his toenail, and a few hours later it suddenly popped off. (Not all the way though, it was still connected at the bottom). So he kind of pushed it back down and my mom covered his toe in band-aids. Will the toenail stick back to the toe on it's...

Toenail fungus [ 3 Answers ]

I have toenail fungus in both my big toes and the treatment the Dr. gave me doesn't seem to be working. I read that vinegar is good to use applying with a Qtip putting it under the nail and on the nail surface. I have been doing this for over a month and see no progress. Does anyone have a success...

View more questions Search