Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cfrbuofs Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Feb 21, 2012, 10:44 PM
    When to expect a period after starting birth control?
    I started my 16 year old sister on birth control pills on Sunday feb 12. She said she had just ended her period so it was a good time to start it. But later I found out she just wanted to start sooner and that her period wasn't supposed to start until feb 17 th, she hasn't gotten her period yet and some people are saying she won't get it until her pills are done, some are saying she still should have gotten it on time or a bit late because it's her very first time being on the pill. When should she be getting it? I assume taking it before her period messed her cycle up in some way. Please help!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2012, 08:52 AM
    So YOU took it upon yourself to do this without the supervision of a doctor? You are aware of how dangerous that could be?

Mar 9, 2012, 12:20 PM
    Um, no. I took her in we made an appointment and I went in with her. She explained to our family doctor that she's sexually active, and wanted to start. He gave her a perscription and we went to the pharmacy and waited 15 minutes. She asked me to go with her to start it. Is there an issue with that?
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2012, 12:32 PM
    Ok.. good, glad that was done the right way... believe it or not enough people actually have done stuff like that on this forum... I could not assume otherwise.

Mar 10, 2012, 03:34 PM
    Lol, I know it's dangerous and I wouldn't do that to my little sis!
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2012, 09:46 PM
    It (her period) will follow the pill regime... meaning roughly within a day or two of the placebo/iron pills which will be the last 7 in the pack it will start. Some women with irregular periods are put on these and in many cases it does make their periods very regular. The hormones in the pills pretty much dictate the schedule... however occaisional spotting during the month may occur with many but not all women taking them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting Birth Control and Periods [ 1 Answers ]

I stopped taking birth control pills about 3 months ago. I am going to see mylong distance boyfriend in a month and I want to start taking birth controlagain so that we don't have to use condoms and also so that I can be assured Iwon't get my period (as I'm very irregular now and I want to be able...

Starting Birth Control [ 2 Answers ]

I was prescribed birth control today Low-Ogesterol a generic for Lo-Ovral. My period is very irregular and unpredictable so I can't start it on the first day or a week after. So i took the first pill today. How long do i have to wait until I can start having sex without a condom and prevent...

View more questions Search