Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Staceyw Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 02:46 PM
    Dog anxiety
    I have a 4 year old staffie, she has been spayed and is brilliant around people. In the past we have a couple of instances where she has been aggressive towards strange dogs on walks. She has never bitten but has given warning snaps! Witnessing this has turned me into a mervous wreck and now I find myself not wanting to take her on walks in case we come across other dogs! I never let her off the lead now and panic when I see another dog to the point I feel physically sick! I no my anxiety is worse than hers now and I no I'm not doing her any favours! I've tried obedience classes but that many dogs in one room is my worst nightmare! I don't know what to do for the best!
    whatnow_sa Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Feb 21, 2012, 02:50 PM
    You definitely need to seek a vetinarian...
    Has the dog's eating habits changed, if you can recall?

Feb 21, 2012, 02:53 PM
    At a similar time to the aggression she developed colitis so we have changed her food but she is now settled in what she's eating!

Feb 21, 2012, 03:03 PM
    Your dog can acquire colitis if she's anxiety-prone or has environmental causes of stress... with that being said, have you left your dog alone for a "long" period since this has all started happening..? If so, she MAY be suffering from separation anxiety...

Feb 21, 2012, 03:18 PM
    But that can't be the case now that I think of it.
    It could very well be you; a nervous wreck just not willing to take chances taking the dog out...
    If you have control over your animal, take her out & let her breathe. It could very well be a phase. Dogs are just like humans, they don't want to be stuck in the house all day.
    IF anything unwanted is to occur, I highly suggest that vet... at least they can tell you more than I can.

Feb 21, 2012, 03:23 PM
    Thanks for the advice! Im convinced it is me as my husband thinks I'm nuts because she's fine with him! I wonder if the docs for me before the vet for the dog would be the best answer!

Feb 21, 2012, 03:29 PM
    Never know..
    I don't know too much about dogs, but I just wanted to help..
    Hope everything works out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog with separation anxiety. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a newly rescued 1 1/2 year old irish wolfhound. I've had him for about 3 weeks now and he has already caused me to want to pull my hair out. He has EXTREME separation anxiety issues. I can't leave the house for even a second (not even to step out and grab the mail) without him jumping at...

Whys my dog having separation anxiety? [ 1 Answers ]

She's 5 years old and it just started happening. When my mom leaves she crys like really long I've never heard her cry like this before.. I don't know what this has to do with it but it started happening a week ago the dog was in a car accident but my mom wasn't even there. And she wasn't hurt or...

My dog is having separation anxiety [ 1 Answers ]

What do I do my dog has been peeing in the crate for the past 2 weeks and we don't know what to do . My dad says to make him go in and out of the crate and it used to work when he had it the first time but now it won't work and he is usually in the max 3 times a day and sometimes he is never in...

Dog sitting anxiety! [ 2 Answers ]

A friend of my wife and I went on a family vacation and we are dog sitting his english bulldog. Skud is usually laidback and docile but since his family lives half an hour away from our home, we decided to take him into our home for the week. Since his owners left he cannot seem to relax. He is...

Does My Dog Have Separation Anxiety! [ 2 Answers ]

Help I need 2 know what are the symptoms 2 separation anxiety because I think my dog may have it so plez HELP!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

View more questions Search