Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NYAUNT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 07:25 PM
    How to obtain legal guardianship of my niece in ny?
    My sister gave up her rights of my niece to my brother in law (her father) who no longer wants to raise her. I want her. What is the process of obtaining legal guardianship?

Check out some similar questions!

How to get guardianship of niece? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to file papers stating that if something happens to my sister I get custody of my niece how do I do this and what papers do I need to file?

In Texas - Wife given guardianship niece before we married. I want guardianship too. [ 0 Answers ]

My wife was given legal guardianship of her niece before we got married. I would like to become a guardian as well. We all live together and are raising the child as our own. Do I already have guardianship by marriage? How do I get legal rights over the child?

How do I give up guardianship of my great niece? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in NYS, county of Schenectady. My mother is very sick and I need to take care of her. I need to be removed as guardian for my youngest great niece as soon as possible. I've already told CPS who made the baby's father supervisor for visitation instead of removing me completely since the...

I have legal guardianship of my grandson in Ohio. Can there be joint guardianship [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyway for my daughter and I to share guardianship of her son. I have legal guardianship right now and my daughter is doing really good but I'm not ready to give her full control just yet. I only get very limited support for my grandson because his step grandpa and I make too much money...

Guardianship of nephews and niece. [ 2 Answers ]

This is kind of a complicated long story. I have 1 niece (4) and 2 Nephews (6 & 9) that have lived with both my Brother and their Mother (never Married) since birth. They live in Oregon and I live in California. Recently my Brother was arrested for domestic abuse toward his girlfriend (the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.