Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bysun04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Does spouse have right to take name off dead without consent
    My mother and father have been married for over 30 years. The purchased a house in 1989 with both parties listed on the deed. My mother put down the down payment but for the most part my father paid the mortgage. About 3 years ago my mother left the house and moved in with because my father was mentally abusive and was cheating on her. To make a long story short they are still not divorced but in doing some records search it appears that he took her name off the deed in 1/2006 without her consent because the do not talk. Is this possible? My mother would NEVER allow for her name to be removed from the deed. How would one go about investigating this and what would be the best resource to get this resolved.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2007, 06:15 PM
    No he can not legally take her name off the deed without her signing the paper work.

You can go to the court house and look at the records. Someone would have had to file a need deed showing she turned her her interest in the house to him.

She needs to do something about this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a baby be put on adpotion without fathers consent? [ 2 Answers ]

A really good friend of mine got his ex-girlfriend pregnant, he just found out she had the baby on 02/08/07. Her brother told him a family from california was going to adopt him and was picking him up saturday night, can she put him up for adoption without his permission? Hes not here legally...

Can my mother press charges for statutory rape if I gave consent [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I might be pregnant my boyfriend is 19 and I'm wondering canmy mother press charges for statutory rape if I'm pregnant and if I gave consent to have an intimate relationship with him?.

Ex spouse refuses to give consent letter [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm planning a wedding out of the country and my x who has joint custody refuses to sign a consent letter he sees the kids once a year help!!

Consent and final judment [ 5 Answers ]

Recently my ex-girlfriend sighned a Consent Final Judgment of Paternity Custody,Support and Visitaion papers that I had my lawyer make.The qustion I have is now that she has sighned it she is starting to regret and might try to fight it,could she get custody even if she has sighned this...

View more questions Search