Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saskiaaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2012, 05:18 PM
    My boyfriend cheated on me
    My boyfriend of three years and I had just moved in together, He then cheated on me and told me about it. It was just a kiss but obviously still affected me. I was willing to fix our relationship and work it out together and at first so was he. Then he said he needed a break to just sort his head out a bit and figure out why he did it and so on.

Now he has decided we aren't together anymore because he wants to experience single life and in some time be it a week or a couple months he's going to get back to me and meet and tell me if he wants to try and make our relationship work, or just leave it and never try again.

All I want to do is make it work, but he has said he doesn't want to talk to me until he has made his decision. I feel like I'm being stringed along, and by breaking up with me he can just go off with whoever he wants to and do what he likes with no guilt. I don't know what to do, I love him so much, but he's just thinking about himself and not how I feel... What should I do, wait for him to say whether he wants to stay single or try and be a couple again or just not let him have control and leave completely?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 18, 2012, 05:41 PM
    You gave yourself the answer. Read your own post.

He's stringing you along. He wants to go live the single life, but he wants you to wait just in case he doesn't find something better.

That's not fair to you!

You can love him, but I wonder why. He's being a selfish arse, and you shouldn't have to accept that.

If he wants to be single, fine, let him be. But if you're not together than you're single too. So go out and have fun, meet new people. Why should you sit around waiting for him to call with his decision about your relationship?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 19, 2012, 12:10 PM
    I agree with Alty, let him be single, and make it clear to him so are you. Make sure you have the fun you deserve with no regrets, or guilt.

I know 3 years is a long time and who gets over that very quickly? No one, but why wait for some one else to decide if they want you, before you decide what you want BESIDES them.

As hurtful and confusing as this break up is, its also an opportunity, after you have mourned, and healed properly.
    SoftSummer Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

Feb 23, 2012, 12:09 PM
    Whoa!! Don't wait for him. Pack your bags and leave. Period. The end.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2012, 01:23 PM
    You are being put on the back burner. While he wants you around, when HE wants you around, he also wants to have fun with other people. Have some self respect for yourself and leave him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend cheated on me [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for just over 2 years now we have a baby girl who is now 2. Before we got together he was with another girl for just over 3 years he cheated on her with me & got me pregnant. We are now together were happy until I recently went through his phone to see he...

My boyfriend cheated [ 17 Answers ]

Hi my boyfriend cheated on me has I said .am still trying to forgive him but I don't trust him at all . But I now I found out that he has been flirting with other girs:(

Cheated on boyfriend [ 9 Answers ]

I cheated on my boyfriend with my ex b/f I use to live with for 2yrs and now he doesn't trust me plus he does santeria which is like a mind reader, witch craft... so we've been trying to work things out because we really care for each other. But the problem is that he does his witch craft to see...

I cheated on my boyfriend, should I tell him? [ 11 Answers ]

I am so confused at the moment. I have had a year of self destruction and its getting to the point where I'm not sure if I can carry on. In May I got together with a man who is so wonderful, entertaining and warm. I had never met someone as amazing as him. And we had an amazing time together. The...

My boyfriend cheated [ 5 Answers ]

I wrote on here about my boyfriend cheating on me with a young girl .ive been trying so hard to get it out of my head but I can't am so angry I can never forgive him but I keep thinking about it all the time .I don't know what to do... :(

View more questions Search