Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahrendonp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 11:52 AM
    My dog refuse to eat his dry food what is good to give him?
    What is good to feed my dog if he refuse to eat his dry food
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Feb 17, 2012, 03:21 PM
    How old is he? How long has it been? Is he up to date on shots? Is he going to the bathroom as normal and as active as normal? What kind of food are you feeding him, and how much? Answers to the above questions will help you get a proper and accurate response
    KellyC7 Posts: 33, Reputation: 6

Feb 17, 2012, 03:57 PM
    Mogrann is right, answers to all of the questions they asked would be extremely helpful. If I were you, and you aren't already doing so, I would switch to a holistic, or all-natural dog food (not the commercial brands). To start on the new food, gradually increase the amount until you are able to feed your dog all of the new food. If he or she still isn't eating the food, put a little bit of water on it, and coat the bottom lightly with mozzarella cheese. This should entice him or her, and it is completely safe and digestible.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2012, 08:15 PM
    Mine gets sick of his dry food on occasion... He just gets bored with it so I mix just a single mashed sardine through the dry... Keep mixing until the sardine goes right through the dry or the dog will try to pick out the fishy bits.

Sardines are good for them and just a small fish a day will be more beneficial than harmful in the long term.

Another alternative is to mix an egg yolk through it (not the white part) just a few times a week for a bit more variety. Egg yolks are great for the skin and coat.
    charlie603 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 02:28 PM
    He is 8 months ols I gave him some chop chicken breast ,and roast beef is that OK
    charlie603 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 02:29 PM
    My dog refuse to eat his dry food or wet food what can I give him
    clareAD2000 Posts: 67, Reputation: -1

Aug 5, 2012, 01:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie603 View Post
    he is 8 months ols i gave him some chop chicken breast ,and roast beef is that ok
    Well what my dogs usually like for a treat is some good old canned food, my dogs love the stuff and its easy to hide medicine in side. Its nice and soft though you should take your dog to the vet and see if he/she has any problems

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog stop eating his dog food or drink but he will eat table food [ 6 Answers ]

Last week we took a long road trip and took our dog with us. On the trip he eat his food with no problems but we did give him table food at times. Now he will not eat his food unless it's mixed with table food and he will no drink from his water bowl. Can you help? Should I take him to the vet?

Should my puppy eat only dry food or can I give him canned and cooked as well? [ 27 Answers ]

Should my puppy eat only dry food or can I give him canned and cooked as well?what would you recommend for cooked food for 9 week puppy?

Why won't my 3 yr old dog eat dry food? [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is a sweet part pitbull. She is 3. but it seems like she never eats! She's only 55 lbs!! Her breed should eat way more than she does, we tried out canned dog food and she ate it so fast. Why won't she eat dry dog food?

Puppy will not eat dry dog food [ 2 Answers ]

WEe have tried adding treats, bacon, pumpkin, other treats. She manages to get ariound the dry dog food and just eat treats

My dog won't eat dry food now. [ 1 Answers ]

My dog's diet was accidental changed while she was at the "puppysitter" Now she will not eat her regular dry food. The "puppysitter" mixed "human" food with the dry food. My puppy has never had "human" food. She has had a potty issue all night and won't eat dry food now. She just spits it out. Any...

View more questions Search