Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Feb 16, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Was it a miscarriage?
    My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about six months now. I normally have a 25-26 day cycle. This month was 28, which I know isn't "abnormal." Also, it usually lasts no more than 4 days and is very light. Well, on day 3 I spent the entire morning up to 3pm with bright red blood and lots of clots (some pretty big, sorry if tmi). I was going through a pad within an hour. I had terrible cramps and my period lasted 6 days. I know that 1 in 4 pregnancies is a miscarriage and that most women may never know they had one. I was just wondering if that is what this could have been. I know you aren't doctors, just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this. I'm pretty sure that is what it was, and surprisingly I'm not distraught over it. I think it's because it was much like having my period, and I didn't know I was pregnant anyway. Also, if that is what it was it is almost a comfort knowing that I can get pregnant. Somehow it all makes sense in my mind. Anyway, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Feb 18, 2007, 01:37 AM
    Anybody? I know this is what it was... I guess I just need some encouraging words! Thanks for all your input! I just need a few uplifting thoughts. Went to my doc today for "LEEP." He confirmed that this is what happened. The LEEP really sucked... I cried. It hurt so bad! My dh and I finally talked about the miscarriage today (after a long week of puttin it off in Ft Lauderdale) and I'm feeling a bit better. Just wanting to know that I'm not the only one.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2007, 02:41 AM
    Well, I can tell you that it does sound like you had a miscarriage. Blood clots, big. Cramping and blood like that. I would say that is exactly what it was. At the same time if you are bleeding like that. Bleeding and filling up a pad within an hour is not good at all. Whenever that happens you should have been seen by emerge. You need to see your ob and they might want to make sure there is no material left behind if it was because you could be at risk of infections.

Yes, you have a good way of looking at things. My wife had a miscarriage at 2 months the first time we were pregnant. What the doctor said to us was at least you know you can get pregnant. Now we have a little boy that is 4 months old now.
    Yagita Posts: 17, Reputation: 7

Feb 18, 2007, 03:14 AM
    automansgirl,

Sorry to hear that.

But isn't Jesushelper76's post encouraging?

Good luck to you both. Hope it happens soon.

Feb 18, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Thanks so much for the encouragement! I've seen my doc and everything is okay. Now it's try try again!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2007, 11:56 PM
    Excellent, Just relax. Enjoy yourself. No pressure. Do not try too hard.

Just know when you try too hard it will seem like forever. When you stop trying and just let it happen. It will happen faster.

It took my wife and I, 6 months to get pregnant each time.

Everybody is different though. Get this each time we got pregnant we were on vacation.

Joe
    spea94 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Mar 20, 2007, 11:11 AM
    any news!! Its been a month are you expecting? Good luck to you and your hubby! I also had a miscarriage its not easy but you will have a wonderful baby soon! My happy thoughts are with you!

=)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I did a blood test and I was pregnant ,percentage 136 (this test to confirm that I'm pregnant) then I did the test again after 4 days and it was 118! It is should go up not down.. I did a home pregnancy test 4 times already and it shows very thin light in the pregnant box... Does that...

Miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

I had a miscarriage at 17 weeks on 1st November this year, during my labour I passed several large blood clots. About seven hours after delivering both the baby and placenta I passed another blood clot about the size of a dinner plate. I woke in the early hours of this morning with a sharp sabbing...

Miscarriage [ 2 Answers ]

I missed carried about 2 to 3 weeks ago and my stomach and breasts are still swollen I can't fit into hardly any of my clothes. How long does it take to go somewhat back to normal? I was only 6 weeks but it was my second pregnancy I have a 14 year old.

Miscarriage [ 12 Answers ]

Why is miscarriage not considered by many work places or people to be a process of mourning and is bereavement. Some manager at my work told me it does not fall under bereavement because the baby was not alive outside the body.

Miscarriage? [ 4 Answers ]

I got my period on October 23rd and I had it about 6-7 days.Then the last few days when I would go to the bathroom and wipe there would be a brownish red substance on the toilet paper. Then tonight I went to the bathroom my period came back plus the was a blood clot about the size of a quarter....

View more questions Search