Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 12:23 PM
    You are right, being friends would be a pointless disaster.
    miabosworth Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
    Yes I will treat it like a break up. I have no choice anyway it is all up to him in the end... should I ignore him if he calls me in 2 weeks.. as he thinks we are on a No contact break?

Feb 13, 2012, 12:49 PM
    talaniman your right... even though he said he wants to see me still and do stuff as friends... if things don't work out... it will just hurt me more while he gets stronger... and moves on.
    I've still got his stuff and need to give them back... what should I do? I don't want to see him again I think if we break up!
    Swiss_Ms.B Posts: 59, Reputation: 17

Feb 13, 2012, 01:29 PM
    The two week no contact deal really makes things more complicated. I can tell you are still unsure about breaking up... '... if we break up.' you wrote. No one can make the decision for you, unfortunately. And I know about only seeing the positives, but this can also be another way of denying and shutting our eyes to things that are not good for us!
    If you do break up, which I still recommend, then it should be a clear cut for both of you. In your case, I think you should meet with him one more time, give him a box of the things that belong to him, put all the issues on the table and say your farewells.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2012, 05:28 PM
    I have to be honest, a break, and a break up is the same thing to me, and that means move on in both cases. That way, there is no false hope of working it out. You cannot force some one to talk to you. And unless they are willing to talk, They won't.

Trying to be friends and broken up usually leads to Friends With Benefits, and if you are hurt now, wait until this arrangement happens.

Disappearing from there life is my answer to the break/break up thing.

Feb 13, 2012, 06:11 PM
    So I made it through the day without calling him... It's valentines day Tuesday... so it's going to be absolutely horrible that I'm alone during that day.

Feb 14, 2012, 12:49 AM
    Mia, you will also get through Valentine's Day! Keep in mind that this holiday was originally hyped up for sales reasons... that's why it's also called a Hallmark Holiday! By the way, it is still pretty much all about selling cards, flowers, chocolates abd I am sure many more things nowadays!
    It's time to love yourself for who you are - might sound pathetic in this moment - if you need to celebrate, then give yourself something that means something, even if it is just a pretty pebble you find when going for a walk, maybe as a symbol of strength. I am sure you will come up with an idea that suits you.

Feb 14, 2012, 10:09 AM
    It's so... hard to resist calling today! :-( but I know I got to leave him! I guess the fact he... hasn't called or cared about the fact we aren't doing anything, confirms that he really doesn't care... and isn't coming back. So sad as everyone else I know is in a relationship and is talking about how happy they are... which isn't helping me be strong!

Feb 14, 2012, 01:09 PM
    So, let's say you call... hypothetically, of course... what exactly would you talk about? Would he possibly just say the same thing he has said before, which was that he wants to experience other women and that to him the relationship has changed because of the issues that you have dealt with? You know him well enough, that you can put yourself in his shoes - this, of course, so you don't actually call him in reality. This might give you another reason to let gooooooo...
    Treat yourself to something nice today. Forget what others are doing!
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2012, 01:24 PM
    Change your number, erase his. Sometimes the wanting to call is so much that drastic measures need to be taken.

Feb 14, 2012, 04:39 PM
    I deleted it days ago... but after 4 yrs I remember it off by heart. Valentines days is almost over anyway so... I've almost made it through the day. Feeling proud of myself for achieving this!
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2012, 05:51 PM
    Yes, you should, and use that motivation to continue doing so. We are proud of you too.

Feb 15, 2012, 06:28 AM
    Starting to feel happier today... and I actually managed to laugh! And crack a joke!. instead of feeling crappy all the time.
    I'm finding that I have more time to hang out with friends and family which I missed doing because I always enjoyed messing around and having a laugh with them. They help a lot :-)

Feb 15, 2012, 11:15 AM
    Glad to hear you're having a good day. *smile*

Feb 15, 2012, 06:44 PM
    You say that a bit of self love is key to happiness. So I plan on concentrating on loving myself... without him.
    Ive realised that when you are In a relationship you forget to love yourself and you lose who you are as an individual.
    I think that, If you don't know how to love yourself first... then you don't know how to love someone else. Also nobody wants to love a person who doesn't love themselves. So yes... working on "me" is the best medicine to moving forward without him. Although I do wish for us to work things out... I am losing hope and I don't think it's healthy to put my life on hold.

Feb 16, 2012, 06:08 AM
    Having a bad day... feeling, hurt and angry... how can he just not call or care after 4 .5 yrs!

Feb 16, 2012, 06:33 AM
    Wish I could support you more than just through this web-forum... Sorry to hear that you are feeling low today. It's normal, especially after a 4.5 year relationship. Totally understandable. You must grieve your loss to move on.
    Keep in mind that he is not contacting you because of the 2 week no contact deal. It's better not to interpret what he might or might not be doing or thinking.

Feb 16, 2012, 12:25 PM
    Thank you so... much for your support. Coping would have been a lot harder without it!
    I can't help but think that, If I knew that this relationship was going to end up the way it is... I honestly would have never gotten in a relationship with him. I never thought we'd end up like this... and right now I don't think I ever want to be in another relationship again... I don't ever want to get hurt like this again! I'd rather be alone. Lol

Feb 16, 2012, 12:48 PM
    That's what having a broken heart feels like, it's painful!

Once you've grieved, you will look back and know you did the right thing. Don't regret your choices, because you can grow stronger from this experience, if you let yourself learn from it.
    Make sure you get some of your friends to hug you and pamper you to get you through this.

Sending you a big bear hug through cyber space: HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG!
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2012, 12:51 PM
    Heart, as any muscle... also heals, but it takes a while. Let time pass, concentration on yourself and on your happiness is the absolutely BEST thing you can do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-girlfriend doesn't want relationship anymore [ 10 Answers ]

Ok right so basically I was going out with this girl for around 6 months and it was perfect. Everything was great apart from her living quite far away from me, but it was manageble. The one day out of the blue she calls me up and says she can't be in a relationship anymore, I ask why and she gives...

My boyfriend said he doesn't want a relationship with me anymore, and hasn't called! [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend said he doesn't want this relationship any more, and that bachelor life is the best life. Also he hasn't called me since, and he told me he will never get back with me, over me going through his phone. He also says that if he's not in a relationship with me, then I don't have to...

Ex-girlfriend doesn't want a relationship anymore and says family problem [ 8 Answers ]

Im 21 years old and my girlfriend is 19 years old.She an NRI and stays with her aunt now.I was with this girl for almost a year. We were so much in love and we used to cherish every moment. Last year August I had to leave to the US for a 5 months project. We were all fine even then and the...

Break/break up/wierd relationship [ 9 Answers ]

Here's my situation... I met an old friend from elementary school when I was camping. (we both are 18). WE went on a couple dates and started oficially going out. We dated for about a month and then she became really y, and we decided to take a break for a whille. 5 hrs later she called me and said...

At first it was time apart, now she does not want a relationship with me anymore. [ 5 Answers ]

Every body makes mistakes, the situation will change only if the person is willing to change. Im 27 and I have cheated 4 times. I knew when I first met her that I wanted to marry her.(I found out that new people and even old so-called friends don't like you for you they like you for what you have,...

View more questions Search