Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BBQSKINK Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 04:49 AM
    Snow blocked vent
    House was cold this morning. The fan was running, but no heat. Checked the vents at the side of the house and notice they were covered by drifting snow overnight. I cleared it away and went to work. My question... will the furnace come on... or will I have to call a tech to reset safety controls. It's a Lennox mid-efficiency furnace... 10 years old.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 16, 2007, 06:11 AM
    If you cycle the power it should come back on. In other words turn off the breaker for the furnace then turn back on. If that does not work call for service.
    BBQSKINK Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Thank you. I will give that a try. It's -13 Celsius here today... cold by any standard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laundry Pump vent hookup. How? - no vent access [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Laundry Tray Pump System connected to my wash tub in my fifteen year old townhome's basement. I was recently informed that it was not properly installed because I never connected the vent pipe from the pump. I had some one look at it and was told that the house's vent system (which...

Snow blower not picking up snow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Noma 5.0 HP snow blower that is not working correctly. The shears are not turning and picking up the snow. I've checked the shear pins, but they seem to be in good condition. What else should I check? Thanks

Distance from Tub/Lav vent to main vent. [ 1 Answers ]

Referring to the attached sketch, The existing sink drain has a vent that serves both it and the tub. When I relocate my sink, it adds about 4 more feet of length to the distance between the sink/tub vent and the main waste vent. This effectively makes it 10 feet. I believe this is likely too far...

Vent diagram - does this meet code (see pic)? Vent runs below actual drain [ 4 Answers ]

The schematic below should make it clear the configuration I would like to use. Basically, I would like to keep the vent under the floor for a little ways, so it pops up in a better location. I cannot easily move the 2" drain location going down and would rather not go straight up from the...

Snow thrower not throwing snow?! [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I shear one of the shear pins on my snow thrower tines I had replaced but the tines are not moving at all. (I hit a cement step while clearing the snow of a neighboard's driveway) Could some one let me know where I should start looking at? I don't want to disassemble more than I don't...

View more questions Search