Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John_51 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 08:09 AM
    Wiring a 120 volt reversible switch
    I am trying to wire a reversible swithch to a newer motor than the one it was hooked to. The wires coming from the switch are black white red orange and purple. The wires coming from the newer motor are numbered and not color coated. How do I wire!

Check out some similar questions!

480 volt transformer step down to 120 volt or 230 volt [ 1 Answers ]

AC Axial Fan: run on 120 or 230 input volts / Rated Currect .061 or .053 / Input Power 7 or 6 watts. Supply voltae 480. Need a step down transformer / 480 to 120 or 230 volts.

Below ground wiring for 120 volt lights [ 2 Answers ]

My 120V walkway lights use UF cable (not in conduit). Am concerned the cable may be cut during an upcoming replacement of the concrete walkway. What is the proper way to protect any underground splices that may be required?

What's the difference between a 120 volt and 120/208 volt system? [ 2 Answers ]

We offer our unit in a 120 or 277 volt version. A customer just told me he is using a "120/208" system. What does that mean and will our 120 volt rated product work with it?

81 volt measured at light switch in 120 volt circuit [ 3 Answers ]

The dimmer for a ceiling light/fan combo in the bedroom stopped working. When trying to replace it with an electronic dimmer swich, nothing would work, so I measured voltage from the wires in the box. I had 122V from black to black but 81V from red to black. What would cause such disparity? ...

Wiring 120 volt, 1250 baseboard heater [ 5 Answers ]

House has a 120 volt, q-mark hyd electric baseboard heater ran on 14/2 cable with 2 recepticales of the same feed. 15 amp breaker in panel. Is the OK? Thx

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.