Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Niterd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2012, 12:38 AM
    My mom does not qualify as a dependent on my taxes, but I paid for her caregivers,
    Hair dressers, etc. I also drove her caregiver to and from my house while my mom was living with me. Is there tax credit or a deduction that I can take?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jan 27, 2012, 12:57 AM
    No if she does not qualify to be your dependent.
    worried_mama Posts: 32, Reputation: 0

Feb 12, 2012, 03:16 PM
    Talk to your tax professional. There is a way of claiming her on your taxes but I don't remember what I found it under. You could look it up on the IRS website www.irs.gov this would be easier or calling them up and talking to them on the phone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Qualify to prorate taxes nyc nonresident rule? [ 1 Answers ]

If you work in ny 3 days a week = 165 days a year and spend 170 days in nj and 30 days in DC can you prorate your ny nyc income tax?

Employer paid taxes being paid by employee [ 7 Answers ]

I started with a new company as an employee I am a loan officer I wanted to be an independent contractor as I have always been that in the past but they said I could not do so They are now requiring me to pay the employer taxes (FICA 6.2%, Medicare 1.45%, Fed/state unemployment 1% and 4.35% for...

I paid taxes for 2007, now have amended refund, what about money I paid [ 1 Answers ]

I paid $4000 with taxes for 2007, now have amended refund of $5300. Should I received back money with an original return I paid?

How to take dependent mom [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I got a H1B visa and my mom is entirely dependent on me. I can take her only through B2 which is short. Can any one tell me how can I sustain her there as long as I hold my H1b. Many people say that B2 extensions might work, but if failed, the entire visa will be cancelled? If not How do I...

Early Withdraw - 401K Taxes Paid vs. Taxes Owe [ 7 Answers ]

Last year I took a early withdraw from my 401k last year after leaving my job. I had 30% withheld for Fed. Taxes. I am getting ready to have my taxes prepared. I have several questions. 1. Was 30% enough? Does 10% penalty still apply? 2. I live in the state of IL. Will I owe state taxes? ...

View more questions Search