Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaimeeluv Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 01:59 PM
    How long can you go without eating
    How long can a 28 year old woman who weighs 250 pounds go without eating food? It has been three days and have no energy, no concentration, no sleeping, vomiting, very irritable.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2012, 02:38 PM
    You're forcing your body into starvation mode. The result is that your body will save the fat cells to live on. This is not an intelligent and productive way to lose weight.

Do you want us to advise you on healthy ways to lose weight?
    jaimeeluv Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 02:48 PM
    It's not an attempt to lose weight. It's is because my ex husband refuses to pay child support and we recently went to court for modification of it and due to the modification my Foodstamp punt was dropped to $90 a month. It is a necessity to go without food because my 3 year old daughter comes first. I'm afraid to eat because if I do it will be taking away from her and she is my first concern even of it means I go without food for a little while.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2012, 02:58 PM
    Certainly you must be eligible for help from a local food pantry? Or a church group that is looking to give someone temporary help?

It doesn't sound like you are going to go without food for much longer, which means your daughter is going to lose her mommy to a hospital or the grave.

Eat lots of pb&j sandwiches and pasta dishes and chicken thighs/drumsticks and homemade soups. What are you feeding your child that you can't also eat?--meaning fix food both of you can eat -- freeze potions of a big pot of chicken or turkey and rice or pasta soup, beef stew, casseroles, etc. The Internet is full of cheap but nutritious meal ideas and recipes. Here's one site --

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2012, 03:07 PM
    Every area has food pantry, and of course you can appeal the food stamps. Also not sure the ages for WIC in the US for kids. But no, even if it is rice or some simple foods, you need to eat some every a little every day. It will not help your daughter for you to be in the hospital or dead
    lholle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2012, 08:23 PM
    I have seen people go without food for 30-40 days. Although these people were taking multi-vitamans and various other supplements, plus drinking large quantities of water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jealousy and Mistrust eating me alive, what do I do? [LONG READ] [ 6 Answers ]

Before I ask my questions, I feel like I need to let you guys know the story of why I feel how I feel, that way you can understand me better. Please Only read if you're in the mood for reading... and helping. This is the full story of my problem and it is kind of longish, but I will appreciate...

How long should I wait before eating? [ 2 Answers ]

I just came home from the dentist's office and I had a crown procedure done. It's only a temporary crown. I totally forgot to ask when I should be able to eat. So my question is when can I eat? How long should I wait before eating? Thanks!

View more questions Search