Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KristenH Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 07:32 PM
    I think I really like my best guy friend... but does he feel the same?
    I really can't help this feeling. It wasn't like this before... so I met this guy, lets call him D, he was my ex- best friend's boyfriend. When they were going out (and when me and her were friends) all 3 of us would chat together on the computer, but she had to leave early every night and me and D weren't ever tired. So we just ranted and talked to each other. Ever since that day (around October 24 2011) we have been staying up late and talking. One time we even pulled an all-nighter just talking about random stuff... now when we don't talk (it's been 2 days since I heard from him) I feel so empty and lonely. I really want to talk to him more... and he's been leaving early (usually he'd stay on until 2am, but he's been leaving earlier.) I thought at first he liked me, based on our chat messages... but now it's just confusing!

Here's a few of our messages that kind of show he may like me:

Me: I was walking behind u in the hallway today, but I guess u couldn't tell since I'm so small (I finally realized how small I was today :c)
    D:LOL what time were u LOL your not that small most of the girls are your size
    Me: around lunch I think. Really? O:
    D:yeah most of the girls are pretty short LOL I don't like when there taller then me

:I there's more.

Me: oh my! My foot hurts o.e
    D: why?
    Me: I don't know I think I twisted it the wrong way or something. O.e
    D: so am I suppose to make it feel better some how? LOL

--

Me: I don't know I kind of want to go for a walk but its cold
    D: yeah it is cold
    Me: yea it suppose to snow or something tonight But I still want to walk) brb
    D: alone?
    Me: Back. I always go alone.
    D: oh
    Me: yea
    D: are you going to go?
    Me: I don't know it's cold.
    D: yea but walks r peaceful
    Me: ig
    (then we just say yea for like 10 more minuets)
    (so I'm not sure but is he hinting to go along with me?)
    D: I'm kind of bored
    Me: sorry
    D: its not your fault I'm just not really doing anything
    Me: ah OK
    (then more yeas for awhile)
    D: so are you still thinking about walking
    Me: I don't know I might just go in my backyard and swing (because I have swings)
    D: LOL OK

And 2 days before this we talked about walking again:
    Me: I think I might go for a walk later
    D: alone ?
    Me: yea
    D: oh that's cool
    Me: yea ig LOL
    (then we said "so" for a while)
    (he went brb and came back)
    D: are you bored I'm kind of bored
    Me: wb. I guess :b
    ---

Then we do this thing where we call each other by surnames (aka: miss, mister etc.) until one of us gives up. This happens a lot to.

Also: I told him my cat raped my laptop just for the lulz, but then he went into some very vivid details and made up a whole story. Now don't get me wrong, it was freaking hilarious, but just a bit weird because I'm a girl :I I don't know

Also I told him I was dating my cat, a stuffed bear (inside joke) and my sisters best friend (also inside joke) and he called me a slut o.o I know it was a joke but still... It's weird to me

But I can't help but feel I annoy him. Like, I haven't talked to him in 2 days, this is the longest we haven't talked... it's probably all in my head ig (because he has a job and comes home late)

Also, we do hang out together after school. Only rarely though, because I don't think his friends like me, and I think he might be embarrassed to be seen with me around his friends (because I'm the weird one at school) we wave to each other in the hallway and smile, of course. But that's it.

It was so embarrassing one day when we all hung out (me my best friend, him, my two sisters and their friends) I was extremely hyper and running around like an idiot and we all split up (in the end it was just me , my best friend, him, and one of my sisters (who was friends with him before I was))
    We walked home pretty late and I bought us Japanese snacks. (but for some reason he didn't remember)

This also reminds me of when me and my ex-best friend were "stalking" him at his work one day (when they were going out) and (this is back in October) we decided to wait until he got off work to go back home (I didn't have a jacket because it was warm at first, but then it got extremely cold) and while walking around our neighborhood (me and him live about 30 seconds away from each other LOL) I said something like "it's really cold outside" and he gave me his jacket. . _. He's not really the gentlemen type of person, so I made up something like "eew it smells like man" and gave it back to him (I think I hurt his feelings tho) then he brought me another one from his house :I

Well, this is all I can say/remember going on. I really don't know, am I just over thinking this? I don't know. Please, someone, help.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 26, 2012, 07:39 AM
    How old are you guys? Why aren't you friends anymore with your ex best friend? Is this guy single now?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 26, 2012, 09:50 AM
    You ever think since he is busy, and you can't get as much attention that you may be just feeling bad that things have changed? Maybe it helps if you have other things to do, or friends to do it with when he is working, busy, or just tired from it all.

Maybe that's all he can handle with his schedule, is a part time chat buddy. He has really done nothing to make things different, so don't expect him to. Sounds like friends, if you want more, take a risk and see if that's what he wants to. Or just wait and see.

Jan 26, 2012, 06:55 PM
    Yes he is single. He's 16 I'm 15
    Me and my ex-bestfriend aren't friends because she's changed and decided to hang out with B*tches instead of her real friends so I just stopped contact with her.

Feb 23, 2012, 06:54 PM
    Does always saying "sorry" annoy him?PLEASE HELP!
    I posted another question about this guy I like a few hours ago, and that got me thinking, does he get annoyed when I apologize? I'm always saying "sorry" for every small thing. :c it's a habit, I don't want him to get mad at me if I mess up when we are talking.

Here's a few examples:

1). He would say : "I'm going to bed night." I would say "sorry ok night."
    2). I would ask: "are you tired?" he would reply: "yeah a bit" I would then say: "oh sorry"
    3). He would send me a song he likes but I won't like it. He'd ask: "how is it?(the song)" I would say : "sorry I don't like __"
    4). Sometimes I say "sorry for bothering you" or "sorry am I annoying you?"
    5). I'd say: "are you busy? Sorry."
    6).if he doesn't reply within 5-10 minuets I'll ask: "hello? Sorry"
    7). Whenever I ask him a question it has "sorry" in it :ex : "sorry what do you want to talk about now?"
    8).if I don't know what I want to talk about I'd say : "idk sorry."

Sometimes (actually this has been happening more now) he's say :"stop being sorry."
    Is saying "sorry" so much a bother for guys? Does it annoy them? Please help me, I really like this guy and I don't want to do anything to mess up our friendship :-(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2012, 09:08 PM
    It would bug the heck out of me for sure, we have no idea what he thinks, that is things you should be talking to him about.
    scipioafricanus Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 11:44 PM
    Very simple. It annoys and bothers him, but not to worry it is not a deal-breaker. The key is how does he tell you about it. Is it in a serious manner or in a joking manner? Hope it helps.
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Feb 23, 2012, 11:50 PM
    It would annoy me too, and I am not a guy! Why on earth do you say 'sorry' so constantly? Don't be so desperate to please others. Try and break this habit. Be more confident. Guys are more attracted towards confident girls than always-saying-sorry-for-nothing girls.

Feb 24, 2012, 04:24 AM
    Umm none of that helps at all :|

I got better answers on Yahoo...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 25, 2012, 10:42 PM
    I doubt you have a lot to worry about, except you are trying to hard to stay friends with a friend. A text friend at that. What's terrible is he is your only friend, and you are way to self conscious about it, and that insecurity will mess up the friendship quicker than your personal habits.

Its important that you have a variety of things you do when he is not available or busy, and that will make the friendship better. Its hard at 15, I know, but you will be a more interesting person when you can share experiences with your busy text buddy.

And think before you act or speak to practice not saying sorry so much. Takes time but practice makes perfect.
    jondoe93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2012, 10:52 AM
    OK take it from me I have been there with a old friend of mine. So I do know what it is like sit down wth D and tell him you need to talk with him tell him how you fell abouthim an you will like tobe more then friends with him there is a veary high chance he fells the same way about you and is to scared to say something turst me I am a guy buy I had the same fellings for a old friend of mine and now she is my girlfriend it is worth a shot and if nothing else it will make your friendship with d stornger then it is now just give it a shot ad see where it go's

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friend Likes Guy. Guy hates friend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, My best friend likes this guy right? All Well and Good? NO!! The Guy She Likes, thinks she's annoying and weird. The guy is like one of my closest friends, I could talk to him about it but my friend doesn't want me 2. She didn't want me to write this but I am because she needs advice! Any...

I feel betrayed by my best (guy) friend, what should I do? [ 5 Answers ]

Here's the story: two years ago I was in a two year relationship with this guy who left me for someone else. I was in high school then. Since then, I've had problems with the girl and her 5 friends. I got into a controlling two year relationship after that one ended where I couldn't talk to any...

View more questions Search