Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stillmoving Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2012, 12:12 PM
    When did I get pregnant
    If someone's due date is may1-3 what month would the baby had been conceived in thank you
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 24, 2012, 01:46 PM
    September or October.
    Dates are NOT an exact science and are best guess.
    If there is a paternity issue then the ONLY way to know is a DNA test after the birth..
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2012, 01:52 PM
    Curlyben beat me to it... go back 9 months from the due date and it might be anything in that 30 day period.

Its impossible to pin it to a week much less a day.

If you need to know who the daddy is and it's a multiple choice question... DNA testing will be the only way to find out.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2012, 03:57 PM
    Due dates are generally put at 40 weeks and taken from the first day of your last period. They can be adjusted slightly after having had an ultrasound.

With your due date being about May 2nd, you likely conceived sometime in August. Do you recall the date of your last period?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2012, 03:59 PM
    Agree, there is no exact date, it is at best plus or minus two weeks. So estimates is the best, Is there an issue to needing to know a date
    ktuttle Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 10:52 AM
    If you have a regular period. You ovulate 3 to 8 days after your period. So just remember when your last period was and that should tell you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2012, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ktuttle View Post
    If you have a regular period. You ovulate 3 to 8 days after your period. So just remember when your last period was and that should tell you.
    Actually no, pregnancy can happen the day before a period, day after or even while on the period, so your assumption is not correct.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Ovulation for MOST women does not follow that schedule. In fact the ONLY possible way to know when you ovulate is doing basil temperature readings on a very strict schedule and keep a chart.
    ktuttle Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 09:26 PM
    It's not within the 30 days. You can only get pregnant the week you ovulate. That's when the egg is there. You can get it to the week but unless you only had sex once while you were ovulating it's pretty hard to tell which day it was.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2012, 05:13 AM
    It's not within the 30 days. You can only get pregnant the week you ovulate. That's when the egg is there. You can get it to the week but unless you only had sex once while you were ovulating it's pretty hard to tell which day it was.

Hi ktuttle,

Yes, you are correct in that you can only become pregnant when you ovulate, but, if I may speak for Fr_Chuck, not every women will ovulate within the norm, and that was his point.

While many will follow the average, some will naturally ovulate a bit sooner and some a bit later, so going by the norm would not work for those women. It can also happen that a woman may ovulate outside her norm. It is not common, but it can happen.

The numbers rule for the ovulatory phase is a good place to start, and may hold true for many women, but not all and this is why there is not a 100% safe time in a cycle to avoid pregnancy. Certainly there are times that are best to refrain from sex, or use protection, if trying to avoid pregnancy and times to focus on when trying to conceive, but nature does sometimes surprise women with its own timing.

There are several means of determining when you might be likely to ovulate, but these only let you know that your body is preparing for ovulation, not that you actually did. Many women do successfully use these methods to either avoid pregnancy or to achieve pregnancy. Some, however, will want to use further protection to avoid pregnancy or will need to seek medical assistance to achieve pregnancy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

View more questions Search