Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suezq123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 04:09 PM
    My mom hates me
    My mom hates me and told me so when I was young. We are now both Christians, and we are closer than ever before, but she constantly does things to hurt me. Like at Christmas I got a card, but my brother got a gift card and so did his wife, her daughter in law, I got an apology that she couldn't give me anything. It wasn't the gift card, just the idea of her caring more for her daughter in law than her own flesh and blood.

I don't know what to do, I am a Christian, and want to to what's right, but I am afraid of getting hurt again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 22, 2012, 05:06 PM
    How old are you? Consider that her gifts to your brother and daughter were because of need? Maybe forgive, and understand.

Do you live with her, do they?
    geminichick Posts: 187, Reputation: 57

Jan 23, 2012, 06:37 AM
    Have you ever discussed with your mother how you feel? Why you feel unloved? I would focus on your new found faith for direction. Talk to God. God also understands. I read a card that a friend gave me once called "Let go and let God". It doesn't take away the pain that your brother and his wife got a gift card and you got a card from her... but it can help you deal with it.
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Feb 1, 2012, 09:43 PM
    Sometimes, we feel hurt by the actions of our loved ones. It can be unintentional.

I have felt a hundred times in my life that my mom hates me and loves my siblings more, in fact I've filled journals after journals during my teenage about how unloved I am.

Your mom, may have given you just a card unintentionally, or maybe she wanted to show more love to her daughter in law as she must have felt her need to be higher.

Imagine you are married to a man, and his mother gives better gifts to her daughter and something really lame to you... How would you feel then?

Yes, you are right that you feel bad when you being her own flesh and blood are treated differently from her daughter in law. But it could also be that your mom considering you her own thought you would understand more about not getting a better gift then her daughter in law.

I am not defending you mother her, I am just giving possible reasons of her action.

Whenever you feel unloved, just go and tell your mom that you don't feel loved. Have a chat with her over coffee, pour out your heart. It will surely remove the burden, and let her know too how you feel.

All the best!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom hates me, is it me? [ 3 Answers ]

My mother and stepfather married in 1984 when I was about 4, and we were a happy family for many years. About 8 years later, my mother started going out on my stepdad with a much older man (about 30 years older). This went on for many years, until she asked for a divorce 2001. I remained close...

My mom hates me [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, My mom has been treating me like for a long time now (about 2 years) she was always resentful and mean to me growing up because my dad favored me to make up for her behavior towards me. Which he doesn't dare do any more after years of her rath. I was a difficult baby (not sleeping...

My mom hates me [ 3 Answers ]

My mom has been treating me like dirt for the past few years, it has been really bad this year. She usually seems nice but every few days she gets mad at me for no reason. I try and keep good grades in school, but say if I miss an assignment, or forgot to turn something in, SHE GOES NUTS! And when...

My mom hates me [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am 23, married, I have two children and I believe my mother hates me. Well, she gets really mad at people all the time and she seems to think that whenever she is mad at someone I should be mad at that person to. Which I cannot do. Therefore, she get mad at me. The other day she calls...

13 YO hates Mom... please help [ 10 Answers ]

I have 2 boys - 16 and almost 14. Since the divorce in 1998 my sons have lived in both homes until 2004 when my oldest became so angry and frustrated with the situation that he attempted to overdose on antibiotics. A clear scream for help. At that time Dad finally said he could come and live...

View more questions Search