Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wspev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2012, 08:21 PM
    I want to wire (all 14 gauge) 2 separate dimmer switches and lights to 1 power source
    Details: In one dimmer switch box I have one 14 gauge wire [with the white wire as the power supply, the black wire coming from the light fixture, and the bare ground wire]. And I have a second 14 gauge wire in that same switch box that runs over to another dimmer (which operates a separate light). I'm trying to give power to both dimmer switches from the white power wire coming in, while having both separate dimmer switches in separate locations turn on their own lights separately. I'm wondering if I need to cap off the neutral wire coming into the switch box from the other dimmer, so the lights will turn on and off their lights separately?
    Brsmith135 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2012, 10:06 PM
    Tie all neutrals together. All grounds together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Wire Two Light Switches With 2 lights with One Power Supply diagram [ 26 Answers ]

I want to wire 1 way switch, 1 dimmer switch with 2 individual lights from one powe source. Thank, frank

How do I wire 2 separate ceiling fan/light controls from one power source? [ 4 Answers ]

How do I wire 2 separate dual slide controls for 2 separate ceiling fans with lights from one power source in a 2 gang box? One dual controller is to independently control the fan from the light in ceiling fan 1 and the other dual controller is to do the same for ceiling fan 2. Can this be done...

How to wire three switches in a line off one power source? [ 1 Answers ]

I have built a new 2 piece bathroom and I have 3 separate switches all right beside each other and I want to power all 3 from one feed. (one is for the bathroom light, one is for the fan and the other is the hall light) How do I wire them so that they all work independently?

How to wire 3 separate lights to 3 separate switches in series circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I am running wire from the circuit panel to the ceiling in the kitchen, then to a switch, back to the kitchen ceiling light. I am using the same circuit to the same thing for the dining room light with a switch, and a light on my deck also with its own switch. The switch in the dining room and the...

How do I wire 6 recessed lights to 1 dimmer switch with 12-3 power and 12-2 to lights [ 1 Answers ]

How do I wire 6 recessed lights to 1 dimmer switch with 12-3 power wire source and 12-2 to between the 6 lights and then using 12-2 witing to the single pole switch?--need your help please

View more questions Search