Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cherries Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Best friend
    My best friend has a boyfriend right noe and he doesn't treat her like she should be treated. I try to tell her she needs to talk to him and tell him she doesn't like the way he treats her but doesn't listen. She afraid that he might break up with her or something.
    And she doesn't want to get hurt any more then she already has.:confused:
    bbygirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherries
    my best friend has a boyfriend right noe and he doesnt treat her like she should be treated. i try to tell her she needs to talk to him and tell him she doesnt like the way he treats her but doesnt listen. she afraid that he might break up with her or something.
    and she doesnt want to get hurt any more then she already has.:confused:
    Mayb you should tell her that she should get rid of him because no girl should tke from guys trust me bin there dne that lol
    Love you xxxxxx

Feb 14, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bbygirl
    mayb u should tell her that she should get rid of him coz no girl should tke from guys trust me bin there dne that lol
    luv ya xxxxxx
    I've tried to tell her but she just doesn't get it, and I told her sht doesn't need to be treated like. Not from anyone.
    laura0909009 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2007, 05:30 PM
    my best friend has a boyfriend right noe and he doesnt treat her like she should be treated. i try to tell her she needs to talk to him and tell him she doesnt like the way he treats her but doesnt listen. she afraid that he might break up with her or something.
    If she is getting treated like crap then breaking up would be the best thing
    Don't stay with someone and be miserable

I rather be alone then be unhappy
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 14, 2007, 05:55 PM
    You may have to tell her what others think of her for putting up with him, or the way you feel about her putting up with him in your own words, and do you think it would make a difference to know as long as she is with him it could cost a friendship. Have you told the b/f how you feel and told him to back off, or enlisted the help of an older male friend to intervene on her behalf?
    shy_gal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 05:18 AM
    You have a duty as a friend to look after mates. And if this is the case then you must do everything that you can to make your friend see that this lad is not the one for her. Xxxx

Feb 15, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by laura0909009
    if she is getting treated like crap then breaking up would be the best thing
    dont stay with someone and be miserable

i rather be alone then be unhappy

The thing is that I've tried to talk to her but she doesn't listen.she really likes him but, she doesn't want him or herself to get hurt. I don't like wotching her get hurt and I told her to break up with him but no she won't.:confused:
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 15, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Sometimes we cannot help our friends and that hurts but it's the truth and we must decide between watching them do things that's not good and cutting them loose. Not what you want to hear but, you can't make them do what they don't want to. She may have to learn in her own way. Sorry!
    sheisgoing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 10:48 AM
    What does it mean when some one calls you mam

Feb 16, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by laura0909009
    if she is getting treated like crap then breaking up would be the best thing
    dont stay with someone and be miserable

i rather be alone then be unhappy
    But the thing is she doesn't like to be alone.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Feb 16, 2007, 12:26 PM
    OK did anyone else catch that?? Sheisgoing what are you talking about?

Feb 16, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shy_gal
    You have a duty as a friend to look after mates. And if this is the case then you must do everthing that you can to make your friend see that this lad is not the one for her. xxxx
    When I talk to her I try to tell her but she just doesn't get it she doesn't need to be treated like that.

Feb 16, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bbygirl
    mayb u should tell her that she should get rid of him coz no girl should tke from guys trust me bin there dne that lol
    luv ya xxxxxx
    I have tried to tell her that but it doesn't go through her head.

Feb 16, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    Sometimes we cannot help our friends and that hurts but its the truth and we must decide between watching them do things thats not good and cutting them loose. Not what you want to hear but, you can't make them do what they don't want to. She may have to learn in her own way. Sorry!!
    I no but you no what she comes to me for help, and I'm not going to "LET HER LOOSE" duh.

Feb 16, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kanicky73
    ok did anyone else catch that??? Sheisgoing what are you talking about?
    What are you tlking about Sheisgoing??

Feb 16, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sheisgoing
    what does it mean when some one calls you mam
    When people say mam to you its some times to be polite. But sometimes they also say it because of age.

Feb 16, 2007, 12:41 PM
    I get that, I am wanting to know where the heck that had anything to do with what we were talking about. I went back and read through the whole thread and no one said anything about anyone calling them ma'am. I was just confused is all.

Feb 16, 2007, 12:54 PM
    I get that, I am wanting to know where the heck that had anything to do with what we were talking about. I went back and read thru the whole thread and no one said anything about anyone calling them ma'am. I was just confused is all.
    But if u were so confused than y did you write it on my thing of ask question.:confused:

Feb 16, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Cherries this is what I am trying to say. I was trying to read everyone's responses and try to help you and then I come across that response and was totally confused as to what it had to do with this problem? Do you understand now?

Feb 16, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Cherries this is what I am trying to say. I was trying to read everyones responses and try to help you and then I come across that response and was totally confused as to what it had to do with this problem? Do you understand now?
    Sure I guess so, but anyway okay.:eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please help my friend out with this.. [ 4 Answers ]

She met this guy when she came over my house... we decided to go over his friends house one night... her and him got a little bit "cozy'... (not sex just some other things)... but she likes him a lot... and he says that he MIGHT be interested... but he still hasn't given us an answer for sure......

Help for friend [ 2 Answers ]

Have a friend who had 1,500.00 in a savings account in another state. His last statement was received in May of 2002. When he tried to have the money transferred to his account here he was told it was not possible he needed to do it in person. He spent 300.00 on a plane ticket to go get his money...

Looking for an old friend [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for advice on how best to locate an old high school friend. I'd like to start with free or inexpensive services if possible. Only data points I have are her age, maiden name, high school and college.

Help for a friend [ 7 Answers ]

My friend was upset a little bit she said about this :- If your boyfriend tells you, “this girl at this bar started dancing with me, I told her to keep her space as I have a girl friend” which is great :) She says “so” and he moves away. Anyway I asked if she was pretty and he said “yes” I...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

View more questions Search