Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suprazboy Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2012, 06:47 AM
    Girl has tight feeling in throat when talking to me?
    I said something nice to a girl I have known only a couple of weeks and our friendship has blossomed quickly. She smiled, and gave a little cough. I asked why she did it and she replied 'oh I randomly just felt like I was choking a bit' I believe she is starting to like me... Views? We talk CONSTANTLY every day. She has never been in a relationship so I was wondering if it could be her new to the sensation of being attracted to someone. If people do not understand this, I will comment details :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 15, 2012, 07:19 AM
    Maybe she just had to cough. It's pretty common.

Jan 15, 2012, 07:31 AM
    Yeah I considered that, but no she described it as a sudden tight feeling in her throat :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 15, 2012, 07:34 AM
    She could have had acid reflux, or a tickle in her throat. Don't read too much into it dude.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 15, 2012, 11:33 AM
    Don't get carried away, and even assume small common innocent things have more meaning than they do. Instead just stay cool and see where this leads, as you get to know each other.

LOL, it could easily be interpreted as she isn't attracted to you as she is. Relax, you think too much!

Only insecure guys are always looking for signs she likes them, and eager guys are always looking for hope.

Mature guys just enjoy the experience of getting to know someone, and see what happens next. You should put very little stock into the quirks of a stranger, or see everything as a signal, or sign of something.

You know what's telling here my friend, is you have assumed a cough is everything but what she said it was. Good thing she didn't throw up! No telling what you would have made of that.

Jan 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
    Haha maybe. Maybe. I think you're right I was reading into it too much...
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 16, 2012, 07:02 AM
    Well, is this coughing happening only with you? Is it frequent, to the point where she can't get a whole sentence out?

It could be simply her clearing her throat, maybe she has a sinus problem, maybe just recovering from a cold- you've only known her two weeks after all.

Maybe a test would be to take her out for dinner and see if she starts coughing and her soup spews out of her mouth. Then you have a problem on your hands. Just kidding.

If you think that it is YOU that causes this coughing to happen, it likely isn't, unless it is a habit of hers, to stop a conversation that is moving too fast, or it gives her a second to breathe, or an opportunity to signal that she's wanting to end the conversation. Or, she could have been trying to signal you, that you have a mushroom stuck to your front tooth.

My best guess is that there is nothing wrong with her, or you, and take your time and get to know her. Hard to know or judge a person who has a little cough.
    batgurl066 Posts: 41, Reputation: -8

Jan 16, 2012, 10:38 PM
    Yes she likes you uhh duh

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doctor says my ear pain and scratchy throat due to tight neck muscles? [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a viral infection 2 weeks ago. It was a sore throat, ear pain and severe headache that lasted 3 days. All on the left side of my face. I felt better for 5 days. Went back to work and started with itchy ear pain and scratchy throat. She said there is nothing wrong except that my neck...

I like a girl who I've been talking to her and she's talking to her ex a lot [ 7 Answers ]

I have been talking to the girl down my block and we have been talking a lot and I like her I visited her school today because a lot of my friends go there and they all saw her talking to him a lot throughout the day and I asked her about it and she said "we're not together right now haha" is this...

Tight swollen feeling all over my body [ 7 Answers ]

Ugh. For the last few days, I've had this weird, uncomfortable feeling that my skin is too tight or that I'm all swollen. My feet and legs feel as if I'm wearing very tight socks, even when they are bare. My hands feel very tight and swollen when I clench them. My arms and legs feel heavy and it...

View more questions Search