Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dalida Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Bloody diarrhea
    I have got a female dalmatian dog whose age is 1year
    I have left my dog at the care of a friend of mine and when I got it back ,first day it was looking tired and sleepy with loss of appetite
    On the second day diarrhea and severe vomiting started ,I went to the vet who gave it abroad spectrum antibiotic and an antiemetic drug.
    Third and forth day passed with vomiting but persistent diarrhea ,and now on the night of the forth day there is bloody diarrhea and I don't know what to donow
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Dalida, you need to call your vet. There is something else going on here and he needs to run additional tests. Blood in stool is a sign something is seriously wrong and this has been going on too long.

I am sure Labman, our resident expert, will be along soon to confirm what I am saying. Please don't wait, call now. I am sure they have someone on call at this time of the day. If not, schedule to bring her in first thing in the morning for tests and observation.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2007, 07:44 PM
    A vet will often examine a dog and not be sure of the problem. They prescribe the treatment most likely to work. If it doesn't, they expect you to bring the dog back. Have you ever had to go back to the doctor when your treatment didn't work?
    dalida Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Thank you for your quick response
    Actually when I sent that massege it was 4:44 am in my country withno possibility of one awakened vet around
    Well now my dog is fine , it came out to be amoebic dysentery
    And thanks again
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2007, 02:48 PM
    dalida, thank you so much for letting us know what the outcome was and that your dog is okay. What a relief. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My kitten of 15 weeks is still having diarrhea? [ 2 Answers ]

My kitten of 15 weeks or so is still having diarrhea and I don't know if that's normal for his age. I don't know much about kittens and he is a siamese kitten and I don't know what to do to help him poop regular. I'm just out of high school so I don't have the money to take him to a vet so I need...

Bloody nose! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay yesterday I got the first bloody nose in like 7 years.. at around 1 pm and now I just got another one 11:00 am.. I am not a big nose pcker and I never get nose bleeds.. what could this be from?

Cat vomiting/diarrhea [ 2 Answers ]

My cat got a rabies shot today around 12:30pm, around 5:30pm she started vomitting and having diarrhea. Is this because of a reaction to the shot, and will it pass, or should I be more worried? She is very alert and doesn't seem to be sick other than now she has vomitted about 5 times and has...

Bloody Sperm? [ 2 Answers ]

Can blood mix with sperm? Or is it normal for sperm to change to a light red color suddenly? About Two weeks ago I poked a tiny hole in my nut with a nail after jumping on my bed and four days ago I notice pink colored sperm while ejaculating. Does masturbating everyday cause pink colored sperm,...

6wk old puppy has touch of diarrhea [ 1 Answers ]

One of my two puppies has a touch of diarrhea. They were playing together in their puppy playpen when I turned and saw that one of them (I'm not sure which one) had had a normal BM on the puppy pad. After I cleaned it up, my little dog, Abs, squatted and pooped out a tiny amount of loose stool,...

View more questions Search