Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjthomas44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Direct Connecting two servers
    I have two servers, each has two NICs and are using one of the NICs to connect to our LAN. I need to connect the two together directly so a DLT tape backup can be shared by both. I was thinking about using a crossover cable between the unused NICs. My question is about what configuration settings I need to change on the servers to make the connection work and to make the backup software use the direct connection?

Thanks. :)
    dinesh_sdh Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 08:49 PM
    I think In the second nic of both machines is a remote accessing port please tell me whether that is used for network connectivity or any other else

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Direct connecting two computers [ 2 Answers ]

I want to connect my old computer to my new one so I can transfer files (especially my large e-mail files). My old computer has a modem connection and 2 USB ports. My new computer has a modem port, USB ports and Ethernet port. Is there a way to direct connect the two computers via either the...

Two SBS Servers together? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, could anyone clarify this for me: I have two SBS servers to run together on same phsical network. One is NT and the other 2003 std. Will they fall out with each other if the domain names are different, do I need a different subnet for each domain or do they have to be physically separated...

Dedicated servers [ 3 Answers ]

Is taking a dedicated server service with a hosting service provider will make it possible to host multiple web sites with unlimited number of domains?

DHCP servers [ 2 Answers ]

Why do DHCP servers have static IP addresses

View more questions Search