Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lowfundsfather Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2011, 08:05 AM
    Need to grow a cheap, easy vine to look good & cover a chainlink fence. HELP PLEASE!
    I just put up 120 feet of cyclone or chain-link (im not sure what's correct name?)money is tight but desperate for info how to transplant from other fence ivy I like or if you have any info on another sacramento,California climate loving plant that grows well and blocks the view. Winter specs how-to is welcomed. Thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 26, 2011, 08:49 AM
    I like trumpet vine for fast thick growing, and flowers.
    But the cheapest will be non flowering ones. Some you can find along roadsides for free.
    I had a yard full of grape vines (no grapes) that probably volunteered from people spitting out seeds.
    English Ivy and Virginia Creeper, etc are cheap and if you put a wanted ad on craigslist, you might get some for free. All you need are the little tiny roots starting at a branch on the vine, cut it and stick it in the ground and water well.
    GZDZ Posts: 139, Reputation: 18

Jan 5, 2012, 08:00 AM
    If you have sun, try morning glory from seed. They re-seed themselves and keep coming back. It will take forever to rid yourself of them once you start.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 5, 2012, 11:59 AM
    True, gzdz!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Easy and Cheap way to get a divorce from missing husband? [ 9 Answers ]

I have been separated from my husband for 14 years. I have moved to a different state and I have no idea of where he is. I want a divorce as soon as possible because I am remarrying next year. What should I do? Thanks, Deana

Need to find an easy care groundcover for under trees and fence [ 10 Answers ]

The property line out back of my place in Maryland, zone 6: I'm clearing it out of dead brush, poison ivy. 250 feet along the property line wire cattle fence, has some healthy trees both on my side and on the other side. I'm wondering what kind of ground cover I could get for under the trees and...

Easy and cheap way for a father to get a dna test [ 2 Answers ]

What is the easy and cheap way for a father to get a DNA test done for a 3 yr old boy? The mother has not put his name on the birth Certificate but says it is his... Now he needs to be sure..? How do we go about it?

Easy, Cheap, yet tasty! [ 3 Answers ]

I am staying on my college campus over the summer with my boyfriend since we live far away from each other... He is very athletic and will be working out a lot to prepare for the football season. The school cafeteria will be shut down so I will have to prepare most of the meals. I'm planning on...

View more questions Search