Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miguelito3218 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Junction boxes in attic: can be facing up?
    Hi there. Can junctions boxes in an attic be facing up? Or do they need to be secured on their side, secured to a ledger board or something. Thanks!

Also, is there an online source for the NEC? Thanks again.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 12, 2007, 09:06 AM
    The boxes can face up but they need to have covers. If you do not secure the box you should secure the conduit.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Boxes in the attic can be mounted face up, and should be fastened to the joists, either the top face or the side. Be sure the boxes are in a location that they will not be stepped on, or covered with a flooring material.

Review the Sticky Note for the Electrical Forum, in it you will find a link to the NEC NFPA 70 2005 edition online.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...ons-48863.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Junction Box Fill [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to find what the fill capacity on electrical junction boxes are. I found this chart The thing that is stumping me is do you count grounds or not? For example, the specific instance that has me looking is that I have a 4x4x1 1/4 box, with 4 12/2 cables in it. If you don't...

Facing & Conquering Walls [ 3 Answers ]

I've been trying to find the walls in my life my birthday is this month you guys feel anything?

Junction box question [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have a quick junction box question. Is there a limitation to the amount of wires I can safely join in a junction box? If so, what is it and are there regulations to what size box I can use? Thank you. I would like the have 8 wires (neglecting ground) in one junction box (1 in / 3 out)....

Junction Box size [ 2 Answers ]

I have and oven with 10/3 mc cable attached. I am going to splice this to a 10/3 romex cable that I pulled from the sub panel. Is a metal 3" deep single gang box big enough? How many cubic inches do I need? Thank you

Facing court martial [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, Got it. Yes I'm an Army guy. I'm currently in Iraq nearing the end of a year-long deployment. I have been under a lot of stress and I think that's a least part of what precipitated the situation I find myself in today. I am facing a court martial for larceny that is likely to result in a...

View more questions Search