Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slim44 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 02:25 AM
    How do I connect a Directv satellite box to an LG DVD recorder
    To the next genius out their... HELP! I need help connecting my Directv satellite box model HD-250 to my LG DVD recorder model DR1F9H in order to copy all of my tivo'd recordings on my Directv satellite. I also need to know how to connect an additional DVD player to my LG DVD recorder for coping my DVD's.

Below is how I currently have my system setup.

1) My Directv satellite (model HD-250) is running from the Directv satellite box to my
    Magnovox 42" plasma TV using my HDMI/DVI cable and using an additional composite
    Cable (red,white and yellow) for my audio connection to my stereo system.
    2) My LG DVD recorder (model DR1F9H) is connected to my Magnovox TV using
    Component cables (red, blue and green).

I need to know how to cross connect these devices so that I can continue to watch all programs broadcasted from Directv and have the capability to copy my programs and/or tivo'd programs to DVD without having to jump through hoops to get everything to operate properly. Thanks in advance to the Big Brain that figures this out for me.

Slim44
    slim44 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 04:55 AM
    OK I guess I'll have to be my own genius! Well here what you need to know.

FYI: If you already have your satellite box connected to your TV and it's working fine leave
    Your current setup as it is. DON'T CHANGE A THING!!
    If your DVD recorder is already connected to your TV and is playing your dvd's for
    viewing only leave your setup the way it is. DON'T CHANGE A THING!

You need to have both boxes connected to see each other so that you can view your satellite channels, play your dvd's and/or record from your satellite channels or TIVO'd programs.

1) From your satellite box use a pair of composite cables (red,white and yellow) and
    Connect them from the back of your satellite box over to the composite connection in
    The rear of your DVD recorder (also red,white and yellow).
    2) Once you've successfully connected the composite cables to both the satellite box and
    The dvd recorder, return to the satellite box and set the satellite box formatting to 480i.
    The reason for setting the format to 480i is because when using either composite or
    S-Video cables you cannot use any format larger than 480i.

FYI: This setup sequence SHOULD work using better cables (component, HDMI or DVI)
    Once connected as described above and if the connection slots are available on both
    Pieces of equipment you probably only need to adjust your satellite box formatting to
    Use the better cables.

I'VE ONLY SUCCESSFULLY MADE THESE CONNECTION USING THE COMPOSITE CABLES!! IF THE OTHER DON'T WORK THE WAY I DESCRIBED... SORRY!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting DVD recorder to Satellite AND cable box [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new panasonic DVD recorder that I am trying to connect to both my Satellite box (for international channels) and my Charter Cable DVR. I have been trying to do this for over a week now and cannot get it to work properly with the Charter Cable DVR. I get the lower channels but not the HD...

Hook up of Satellite,Tv,DVD recorder [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba 51 projection TV hooked up to a Star Choice Satellite system. I want to hook up a vcr & dvd recorder. I have s-system cables, component cables(red blue green) and rca (yellow red white) cables to do the hook up but cannot figure it out.I did have a dvd/vhs recorder combo unit...

How hookup a DVD/VCR recorder, 2 satellite receivers one PVR to a Sony LCD HD TV [ 5 Answers ]

Please help!:confused: I have a Bell Express Vu system, which consists of a 3100 receiver connected from the satellite dish directly to the LCD TV via the cable, runs on channel 3. The second receiver is a 5900 with the built in PVR it is connected to the TV by a s-video cable as well as the RCA...

How do I connect a DVD Recorder to Satellite Box to HDTV? [ 1 Answers ]

Here's what I'm trying to connect: Phillips DVD Recorder Model DVDR3400 (which has 1 HDMI input) DirecTV HD Receiver (which also has 1 HDMI input) Panasonic Plasma HDTV Model TH-42PX60U (has 2 HDMI inputs) And this is what I have in the way of cables: 1 HDMI cable 1 component video...

How to connect TV, satellite rcvr, dvd player [ 2 Answers ]

We purchased a Samsung 50" rear-projection dlp TV yesterday. Now we're trying to get everything cabled up. We have a directv satellite receiver composite cables (red, yellow, and white). We also have a Panasonic dvd player/recorder with a choice of the composite or component cables. We would like...

View more questions Search