Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Remorseful Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 04:36 PM
    Can she forgive me for having a Text-Only Affair?
    I cheated on my wife (text messages only), I feel like I've lost her, I know I hurt her. We have known each other for 11 years, and married for six, with a two year old.

Can she ever trust me again?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2011, 04:38 PM
    It will be hard, I would suggest professional marriage counseling.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 23, 2011, 05:06 PM
    The fact that you are asking total strangers a question that only she can answer has me a bit worried that you are going to have a tough time doing the WORK this will take. In other words, most of it depends on what you do, not what anyone else thinks. Can people forgive? Yes they can, but you already know that. So what are you really looking for here? 10 people to say she can, should, what? None of it will matter. It depends on what YOU DO for the next x months, years, whatever it takes.
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Jan 14, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Sometimes an emotional affair can hurt worse then a physical one. Talk it out with her and see what you can do to make it right, did you apologize to her?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 14, 2012, 06:56 PM
    Yes she can trust you again if she feels you have suffered enough, and are sincerely sorry, and will never do it again. You have to take your medicine/punishment like a man, and be the perfect guy, and wait until she feels like trusting you again.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2012, 09:14 AM
    Agreed - whatever happens will be on HER time frame. I don't know that emotional cheating is worse than physical cheating but it IS cheating. I'm an investigator - step #1 is emotional cheating. Step #2 - physical cheating - often follows close behind.

Again - it's her time frame now. I have found (through years in this "business") that there are two types of cheaters - one cheats, feels terrible, will never, ever cheat again. The other is a serial cheater.

Which one are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

I had an affair but my wife won't forgive me [ 13 Answers ]

I am the cheating spouse. I had the affair. I understand her pain and I understand what I did was wrong and devastating, but the vileness in her contempt is destroying what love we have for each, other if any. I don't know what to do! Can someone help me?:(

Text affair? [ 3 Answers ]

Moved to its own thread The guy lives 12 hours away, and as far as I know they have not meet. There was only one time that he was in town and she went out for "girls" night out. I think you nailed when you said emotional affair. I have read there text messages and the home wrecker calls her...

Convert image (pdf, typewriter text) to text file [ 21 Answers ]

I've played with 3 different OCR apps (including one that seems to be tops (Abbyy Fine Reader Pro) and find it too much. Easy to use but far too time consuming for my skills with it. See the attached pdf (38 pages of typed text). I have it and 5 others that need converted but am finding it too...

What makes an affair an affair or what classifies as infidelity [ 13 Answers ]

What makes an affair or what classifies as infidelity

View more questions Search