Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lesliecatgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2011, 10:33 PM
    Why cant I lose weight?
    I LOVE food and being lazy. Ive been this way my whole life, BUT I can't lose weight no matter what I do. Exercise hurts me, Ive tried Diet pills called Apidexin, and Slim Quick, & still no change.
    Ive got no money to afford anything. No health insurance. So I can't see if anythings medically wrong with me. So please can someone help me!
    Im 20. And female.
    ollymo Posts: 44, Reputation: 3

Dec 16, 2011, 04:11 AM
    The first two things you mention sum it all up. You love to eat but are lazy. You are taking in more calories than you are burning. As a person who has struggled with weight all my life, I understand your frustration, but you must change your lifestyle. Losing weight is not about dieting, it is about changing the way you eat and exercise. At 20 years old, there is probably not a medical reason for your not being able to lose weight. I have been a member of an organization called TOPS (take off pound sensibly) since I was 17 (I am now 55). Start by walking, challenge yourself every day to walk a bit further than the previous day. On line you can find websites that have calorie counters. Plan your meals ahead. Eat sensibly during the weekdays. If you splurge over the weekend, don't beat yourself up about it. Control your portions. We all eat way more than is needed and a lot of it is because we don't have a healthy knowledge of how much one portion of food is. There are very good online resources that can help with meal planning, etc. take advantage of this free information. Exercise hurts because your body is not used to it. Sometimes you have to endure a little pain, but once you start walking you will feel so much better, you won't want to eat as much. After you get your body used to the walking, you might not mind a more aggressive form of exercise. The more active you are, the more energy you have. Stay away from diet pills and fads, these do not work and may be harmful to you. Even though you don't have insurance, there are probably resources out there, free clinics, health departments, etc. Take it from an old lady who has struggled all her life - take charge of your life now, before it's too late. You are 20 years old, you have so much to look foreword to. I wish you all the best.
    annabalston Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2011, 06:03 PM
    Well since you love eating so much you should try healthy eating over dieting (an article to get you started about food that burns fat) and instead of going to the gym try jogging or simply walking for a little bit every day.

Also drink plenty of water throughout the day.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 16, 2011, 09:15 PM
    First save all your money, all of those fake lose weight just makes your diet lose weight, There is no magic pills.

You have to change your diet, and start to exercise, walking, finding a workout you can do. Start going to a gym and so on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

How to lose weight... [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to loose a couple pounds... anyone have any suggestions?

Weight lose [ 0 Answers ]

I want to lose 20 kg in 3 months please suggest me exercise without equipment. I am 23 and my height is 5 feet my waist 30 inches my hip is 38 inches and my chest is 34 d

I need to lose weight. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Well I decided a while ago I really needed to lose some weight. At 17 I weighed 189lbs. Im 18 now and small for my age at 5 ft 2 and I weigh 161lb. So I have lost 28lbs, in I think 7 months? And that was due to lack of eating and smoking, which was very bad. I have now quit smoking because...

Trying to lose weight! [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking of becoming a model, I am 5'11' so I am tall enough, I wear a 36d bra, I have a 28 inch waist which is too big and weigh 130 lbs, how can I lose this weight, it seems to be concentrated in my stomach. Any ideas?? I know I probably sound like a for complaining but I really want to be...

View more questions Search