Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TwistedMetal4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 09:44 PM
    My GF telling her ex "love ya" in a friendly way OK?
    Hello,

I have been dating my girlfriend for 2 years and we are in love but we broke up once 2 months back and she dated her ex for 2 weeks. She cheated on her ex with me and we got back together but she still talks to him ( she also had some communication with him before we broke up as well). I never had a problem with it because she never got intimate with the dude when they dated before and recently.

Here's my problem though:

We were both chilling one day at her house and I was helping her rearrange her room. While she was plugging in some cables, her phone received a text. It was from her ex. I read it and the conversation seemed normal but then she ended it by saying "have a good day, love yeah bye" and he said the same back.

I confronted her about it right away and then I walked out to my car angry. I told her I didn't want to talk or see her anymore then she broke down crying. She was trying to explain to me that she only said love yeah because that's her close friend, just like she says love yeah to her best friends or close friends.

She said she doesn't like to think of him as her ex because he is a childhood friend that is apart of her very close group of childhood friends so she just has love for him but is not "IN love with him" like she is with me.

Ever since that day I had a weird feeling about that and she said she won't say love yeah to him anymore. (She only said love yeah that once to him she said)

She acts madly in love with me but that incident still bothers me.

Is it jealousy or is there something really going on? Any advice?

I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nicolas
    ShyOne773 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 14, 2011, 01:36 AM
    Not that it matters that I'm female but from my experience, a lot of time a person says love you, she is trying to still string things a long in case things don't work out in her current relationship. So then afterwards she can say hey I was still saying I loved you, I was just confused. Only time it's different when it's female to female friends, and you know for she she's not bisexual or lesbian. To me it's to suspcious for ex's to be friends, I've never seen it actually work except on television. But good luck :)
    TwistedMetal4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 12:11 PM
    Thanks for you advice :) I see what I can do about my situation.
    NukeNC Posts: 80, Reputation: 43

Dec 14, 2011, 03:30 PM
    Well, in my opinion I don't think it was a big deal and you overreacted a bit. Love you? Its not like she said "I love you" I consider "love ya" a friend thing anyway, and as she said... he's a close friend. Seems like love you is an okay fit for that situation. Of course, I get that he's her ex, but you aren't showing a whole lot of trust. Its seems like your just jealous, just try not to get bothered by little things like that. If something happens between the two, then justify getting angry.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 09:33 PM
    Dude she cheated on him with you, of course you are jealous and suspicious because you know she did cheat.

Forget it though, and don't act like an immature kid about it, or she may start to think you are not worth it. You know, too much drama over what's probably nothing. You will get more by being cool, calm, and collected, and asking questions. Better yet, just go with what she told you in the first place and don't make a big deal of it.

That doesn't mean NOT pay attention.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do men say "I can't say I love you" or "I can't show you I do care"? [ 7 Answers ]

I am seeing a guy who is 39 and I am 30. He has been in and out of many relationships- even married but didn't love her and divorced. We have been together for 7 months and I do care greatly about him and even almost slipped out "i love you', when I asked him how he would have felt if I said it, he...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

The difference between "sex" and "love making" [ 13 Answers ]

Ok I have been answering questions on this site for just over a week now and I might add enjoyed it, but I am now interested in peoples views on the following. What is the difference between Sex and Love making? For many years I have had what I call Sex with my husband , sometimes good and...

How do I file a legal "something" to tell someone to stop telling lies [ 3 Answers ]

My wife is battling me for custody of our two boys, and isn't thinking about what is best for our kids. When she left me after an argument, I agreed that her bringing the boys to her cousin's would benefit the boys while we worked it out, but she wants to bring them to New Jersey to her relatives...

View more questions Search