Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feelingdown6577 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 08:57 PM
    Girlfriend broke up with me
    Hi everyone I have been going out with this girl for just a little over two years spent an amazing time together promised each other we would spend the entire life together and have a family. For all this time she had been pressuring me to get married then suddenly she drop the bomb. I treated this girl like a princess took care of her in any possible way put her before anyone else in my life I have the ring and was ready to give it to her over the holidays but I just feel that she used me for my money and my time. One important thing this girl unfortunately has a chronic disease and the first time she told me I did not step back and or hesitate in telling her that no matter what in life I would gave been there for her. She broke up with me first earlier this year over some stupidity. Then in the summer we got back together and at this point I feel that I have been used. I loved her and still have strong feelings for her even tough she tested me really bad and I honestly think that besides her illness she might have some mental issues as well. I have been the most supportive man she could only dream of but I don't the think it's fair what she has done to me. I can't stop thinking about her even after all this bad treatment from her. Two days before she broke my heart again she was telling me that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with me. Just not fair. She was and still is the most precious woman on this world and would do anything for her.
    LuckyChucky13 Posts: 41, Reputation: 13

Dec 13, 2011, 11:22 PM
    Two days before she broke your heart again she told you she wants to spend the rest of her life with you...

Unless the rest of her life meant 48 hours, this girl has absolutely no idea what she wants out of life and is dragging you along with her...

I've heard of so many instances - sometimes straight to my face from girls who are with guys who treat them amazing - that girls will keep a guy around as long as they are being treated well - with or without being in love with the guy. She obviously knew she was treated like a princess (what girl wouldn't want to be?) and knew she had it good with you, but I doubt she felt the same way you did about her.
    You say she was and still is the most precious woman in this world... precious in what way, may I ask?
    She mistreated you and didn't reciprocate your feelings and you still think she's precious?

I honestly think that you're in love with the 'idea' of who you'd like her to be. You can only truly fall in love with someone who proves their love, loyalty and commitment to you and the relationship over time... someone who cares for you as much as you care for her, someone who's there for you as much as you are for her... from the sounds of it, this was a one-way affair and you got the short end of the stick.

Give yourself time to get over her and you'll see you deserved a heck of a lot better. In hindsight, you'll see that sometimes we undervalue ourselves and settle for whoever we're with, when we need to be good to ourselves by being with someone who brings out the best in us.

In the long run, you'll be happy she ended it. Let time heal your wound.

Good luck buddy.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2011, 11:44 PM
    "I just feel that she used me for my money and my time."

Regardless of her ailment. She doesn't want you. Sucks, I know. Don't use that as an excuse, or let her.

She's broken up with you before. You just didn't listen. How many more times?

The best thing you can do is remove yourself from her.

That will the right thing for both of you.
    You aren't going to be her guy. No matter how hard you try,

She knows it. Feels it.

Now you have to..
    Too.

She doesn't need you. Nor you should she.
    She's knows what she's doing. Not for you to fix. That's BS.

There's lots of other girls.
    Stop wasting your time.

Stop playing Doctor. Start having fun.

Dec 14, 2011, 11:19 AM
    Thank you for these responses obviously there was a lot more than that in the relationship. Yes she is a user and only takes advantage of good people. Just found out that she was screwing two different guys in a matter of a week. Meanwhile she had be telling me she wanted to have a family. Obviously this girl is messed up in her head besides all other issues. God will look after evil and user people like that

Dec 14, 2011, 12:55 PM
    Buddy, walk away and don't look back. There's nothing left to prove, especially for yourself. This girl not only had no respect for you, but more so for herself. It's not my place to judge people who sleep around, but to do this while with you (or soon-after) says a lot about her (like I always say, actions speak louder than words). You can call her every name in the book, but that's futile... it's not going to get you anywhere.

Believe me, man, she's not worth another penny from you or another second of your time. You've wasted too much precious time and effort on someone who doesn't appreciate it. She has a tremendous amount of maturing to do - although some people mature to a certain level and it just seems to stop completely. Can't explain it.

I don't know what you believe in, whether it's a God or energy, but either way, thank them for allowing you to see the truth. She's not for you. Look ahead and put the past where it belongs... behind you.

And keep smiling... nothing is worth stressing over.

p.s. if she comes calling again, tell her she has the wrong number... and mean it.

Dec 14, 2011, 01:15 PM
    Thanks LuckyChucky13 for your responses although it seems that you know some much about this particular relationship that I kind feel like I know you. You know the honesty is what means a lot for me at this point and yes I don't need to call her names there will be other people for that and others will take care of it for me. Trust me ;) people should stop taking advantage of good man in this world we will eventually all get what we deserve. Actions do speak louder than voices hahaha
    missjbtheboss Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Dec 14, 2011, 01:21 PM
    The best thang you can do is move on and it's not going to be easy but you have to. Or your going to hate her and yourself for a very long time . Look the world is so full of wounderfull people you will find some one that's going to love you be head over hills for you want to even marry you and have your kids. But if you site around thinking about how this one did you so rong your never going to find the one that's out there whating for you to start your life with her . And there so many dateing site and face book your bound to find some one sooner than later mark my words . But just keep your head up and don't late one person get you down for life because life is to short so injoy it while your still here cheer up it's not going to be your last!:-)

Dec 14, 2011, 01:55 PM
    You're welcome buddy. I was only speaking from experience and telling you to avoid the same mistakes I made (taking my ex back a few times when I should have bid her adios!). Most of what you said could have been taken right out of my mouth, because I went through something eerily similar to your experience, and, well, I guess you know the rest, since I'm telling you what I think is best to do.

The girl I dated could have been your ex's DNA match, but getting her out of my life was one of the best things I did for myself. She would constantly keep trying to come back into my life after telling her in so many ways to leave me alone and go do whatever she pleased. I figured that in the long-run, nothing but headaches was going to come out of this girl, so I decided to end all contact with her. She eventually got the picture, and your ex needs to leave you alone to let you get her out of your system and find peace of mind elsewhere.

Stick to your guns. You'll be happy you did.

Dec 14, 2011, 01:55 PM
    Thanks missjbtheboss I understand and honestly in the past week I have have been seriously thinking about it and honestly I would like to have kids one day and frankly with her problems I don't think they were going to be healthy at all and she would not have been healthy either let someone else have those problems. And also speaking to mature people even online I realize that when you are in love with someone you stand by them no matter what. I think she belongs in a brothel she will do so much better there no one will ever marry her
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 14, 2011, 02:40 PM
    Let this go friend, you have given enough, and there is nothing else to do but keep her out of your life, no matter what so you can heal in time, and rebuild a life that makes you happy without her in it.

Sucks when love and romance doesn't work.

Dec 14, 2011, 02:47 PM
    I hear you all out there and I appreciate everything. I made a mistake by going back to her should've seen the big picture and also the fact that she is a gold digger and I have such good friends and family that don't like to see me down and they will do anything to make sure that the future of some people won't be a happy one. ;)

Dec 14, 2011, 02:49 PM
    Ok but too move on is not too bash that person but to love them enife to just late them go and wish them the best no matter what they did to hurt you. You don't throw stones at a glass window cause it will break. And to move on is not to break a person but wish them well. Think about that and you will go fare what ever you do in life. I don't know it all but I have had my heart broken a time or two. Not a good feeling so what I'am telling you is if you did every thang for this person and she hurt you she has to live with that not you, you did your part when you were being a good boyfriend so just late it go and see how much happier you'll be.Missjbtheboss

Dec 15, 2011, 08:19 AM
    Just keep your head up your still in pain from all that she has done too you. But you can never move on if you don't forgive her and when you start forgiven. Then she will have to be the one in pain for all that she did too you. And I'am sure your batter than that so just late it go. Forgive and move on get on with your life don't wasted on a person like that trying to hate them . She will get it all back in the long run and that's my word:-)missjbtheboss

Dec 15, 2011, 08:25 AM
    missjbtheboss thank you for your kind responses I understand I have moved on trust me I know I deserve better there is hate whatsoever towards anyone. And I know that people who take advantage of others will eventually suffer later on. I can bet my life on that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So my girlfriend just broke up with me [ 25 Answers ]

Sup everyone, My girlfriend just broke up with me because she feels like she "can't be herself" or "comfortable" when she goes to a party because she doesn't want to upset me. The only problem I've ever had is if she is dancing with some random guy, and I'm never invited to these parties. ...

Girlfriend broke up with me but ! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey you guys, what's up! So here is the thing. My girlfriend and I been dating for a whole year now. We had lots and lots of fun, romantic nights, and happy relationship. Yes we had some argues and stuff, its normal in any healthy relationship ! But we truly love each other. She lives with me...

My girlfriend broke up with me because she needs to be by herself? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 17 and my ex girlfriend is 15. I know you probely think this is just some stupid teenage love thing but I assure you it isn't. We had been going out for over 13 months. She broke up with me about half week ago and it's tearing me apart. She assures me there is no other guys and I believe...

Girlfriend broke up with me [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dating this girl for 5 years and it was starting to get serious, she would talk about marriage and if I would let her keep her last name or not. We are both in our mid twenties but she is on her last year of grad school, and I am working full time. We hardly ever fought, or disagreed...

Girlfriend broke up with me [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend recently asked for space, which is what I did not give her. I continued to text (not as much) and call once a day. Then one night, I drank way too much, and called her repeatedly, she told me to leave her alone and to make a long story short, she got pissed and then broke up with me...

View more questions Search