Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alston Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2011, 10:09 AM
    I don't know if I want to be with my girlfriend anymore?
    I have been with the mother of my twin daughters for 8 years. When we first met I was not interested in her at all. But my brother told me to give it a shot, since I didn't have a girlfriend I was OK with us just talking and also I just wanted to have sex with her nothing more. But as time passed on she grew on me because she would always come around me all the time and do nice things for me.

Everything from then on was great but sometime after finding out that she was pregnant she started to become controlling and very demanding. This was probably the most stressing time of my life because I didn't know how to deal with this situation. Mind you that I don't take kindly to demands and neediness , so in return I ended up treating her bad. I always felt like leaving her but because of my daughters I never did. After 6 years she decided to call it quits and I moved out.

But after I got into a another relationship and things was actually very good, with this other girl, I felt more for and I actually put my heart into being with her. When my kids mother realized this she decided that she wanted to be in a relationship with me again but I was unsure because I knew that I lost feelings for her. She promised that she would change if I come back and I did, but mainly because I wanted to be with my daughters again.

Now things are OK with us but I just don't have the same kind of love for her anymore and I'm really confused as what to do. I talk to her about it but it never goes anywhere. And she stills act the same way like before, what should I do because it is driving me nuts. She wants to get married asap and I'm not sure about that because of the way I feel about her.

I always envisioned myself giving my all into a relationship and for some reason I can't seem to do it in this one with my heart being into it. I want to come to a conclusion because sometimes I feel bad for both of us because we are not experiencing happiness and also I feel bad about ending my other relationship to come back to her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 13, 2011, 12:13 PM
    Don't get married and leave as soon as possible, so you all can get through this and have a life apart, because you don't want to be with her.

Keep it simple, and be honest.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2011, 06:34 PM
    I agree. You never wanted to be with her.

Be a single Dad for a while. Concentrate on that. Put your love where it needs to be. With YOu & your kids.

No reason to jump into anything again. Don't repeat.

LuckyChucky13 Posts: 41, Reputation: 13

Dec 13, 2011, 10:33 PM
    I agree as well. I believe that most of your 'guilty' feelings are due to the kids, and not the girlfriend. By not wanting to be with her you feel like you're abandoning the kids and that is what's eating at you. If you walk away and choose to be without her, you fear that you'll like like a selfish dad in front of the kids when they grow up, so you are left between a rock and a hard place.

However, staying in the relationship will only make you resent her more and it will show in your actions and words towards her as time goes by, and the kids will definitely sense it. In the best of all parties involved, it's best that you end it with her but insist that the kids be a part of your life.

I don't know the girlfriend, so it's hard to make an opinion of her, but it may also be true that you fear that by leaving her again you think she may give you a hard time every time you come around to see the kids and take them out. There are many details that only you know of and the small details are usually the big-picture ones. Your gut feeling is telling you what you need to do... listen to it.

I hope you find the patience to deal with all of this. Good luck.
    Alston Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2011, 09:17 AM
    @Lucky Chucky
    I like what you said because it's true she makes me feel like I will be the bad guy for leaving just cause we have kids together. But I know that I will always be there for my kids. But no matter what she will try to manipulate and make me feel bad. Another thing that I do notice is that my feelings do show in my words and action espiecially when she upsets me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't think my girlfriend wants to be with me anymore [ 10 Answers ]

My girlfriend of two years has been acting a lot different lately. And I haven't been able to figure out why until just lately. I have had her Facebook password forever and never wanted to spy, but I needed to know what's going on. I found that she has been talking to another guy quite a lot. He...

My ex-girlfriend doesn't want me to think of her as a lover anymore! [ 14 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years now we lived a special relationships with its ups and downs lately we moved to another city where we found new jobs. I was living in an empty apartment and I wasn't handling the change very well. I was miserable all the time and she was stuck with me...

I don't think I love my girlfriend anymore [ 4 Answers ]

I'm an 18 year old male I've been with my girlfriend for 11 months now and we've been through a lot together she left her parents and home country to live with me abroad we met when she was on holiday where I live and we fell for each other when she left I missed her so much we spoke every day on...

Girlfriend doesn't know anymore [ 5 Answers ]

I've been in a great relationship for about 3 years. Everything was perfect. During this time she start working at a new job and begins going to school. It's understandable that there's going to be stress. (We're both in the same situation). Also, people at work/school began badgering her...

My girlfriend won't talk to me anymore [ 2 Answers ]

So I just got dumped by a girl that I've worked with for a little over a year now. I had seen her around all of the time, and often fantasized about being with her because she was everything that I had physically wanted in another. I decided to start talking to her and got her number. We talked...

View more questions Search