Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pong1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2011, 03:27 PM
    I'm already in a relationship, I like another guy, he's dating my friend.
    So... I started dating this guy, and I love him, but I like another guy, but he's in a relationship with one of my friends, and I don't know what to do. I mean I really like this guy because he's nice to me, and he's super cute and he's my man!

But my friend is dating him, and I don't know what to do, and my boyfriend right now is moving next year to North Carolina, and I don't know what to do with my feelings, and I am really confused, and stressed.

What do I about this huge crush on another guy that is dating one of my friends and I already have a boyfriend?
    LuckyChucky13 Posts: 41, Reputation: 13

Dec 12, 2011, 05:04 PM
    You need to leave your current boyfriend. It's not fair for him that you're with him and you have feelings, - or a crush, or an eye, or whichever way you wish to call it - for another man. You're either 100% into him or you're not, there's no in-between. Be honest with him and tell him you don't think this is going anywhere, because you and I know it isn't.

I mean I really like this guy because he's nice to me and he's super cute and he's my man!Sounds like you've already made up your mind about who 'your man' is. Leave your boyfriend so he can find someone who will love him and not tread him along. It's not fair for him.
    And about the other guy, don't mess things with him and his girl. If he's interested in you, he'll let you know, but for now, don't be a s**t disturber. Respect him and his girlfriend and leave them be.

I may sound harsh, but what I'm saying is in the best interest of everyone.
    Talk to your current beau and tell him the truth. He needs to move on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 05:18 PM
    Its so human, and normal to have feelings of attractions for others besides our partners, we can't help it.

We cannot control feelings we have, but we can control what we do about them. You don't have no ACT on them at all, as long as you stay within the boundaries of good respectful behavior, and not obsess over those feelings.

So you do nothing until the crush fades on its own, and focus on enjoying YOUR partner, and doing nothing to make it hard for him to enjoy his partner, who is YOUR friend.

Learning to cope and deal with your feelings in positive acceptable, mature ways is something the we all wrestle with, especially when we are young. And I expect you are.

How old are you, and why does he have to leave?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 05:27 PM
    Sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side.

IF your interest in your girlfriend's boyfriend is reciprocated- does he indicate that he is interested in you-then there are two reasons not to pursue him.

1. He is not faithful to your friend.
    2. He is otherwise involved with someone else.

You would not be much of a friend to pursue a relationship with her man.

It is a personal standard of mine, and something to consider for yourself, to never cross that line.

This is an infatuation, it is not love. He is what you think you want, not someone to know well enough to know he is either a good match, or, a potential partner. Or a friend as far as that goes (if he's got a roaming eye behind his girlfriends back).

If you eventually choose to leave your current boyfriend, try to leave for the right reasons. Leave because the relatioship has reached the end of its course, or you are not compatible, or he cheated, etc. etc.

But to leave your boyfriend, to pursue another man, who is already involved with a close friend of yours, is not the way to go in my opinion.

My advice is to leave him alone, and respect the friendship with your girlfriend, by not crossing that line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guy I Like Likes Me, but He's Dating My Best Friend [ 6 Answers ]

So, I've known this guy for about 2 or 3 years, and I just recently realized that I have feeling for him, I was planning on asking him to be my boyfriend a few days ago, then, when I get to school, my best friend tells me that their dating. My other friend tells me that I should tell him how I feel...

Is it bad to have a guy friend when your dating another guy? [ 9 Answers ]

I was dating thhis guy for 4 months and then he breaks up with me cause he went through my phone and saw he text me a week before but I never text the guy friend back and he broke up with me cause I never told him he text me is this bad

My friend is dating a guy way to old for her [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, my friend is 14. She is dating a junior this year, she is a freshman. Anyway, this is her 4th b/f, 2nd real b/f, and within a week of going out he is grabbing her on her... backside. I am worried, I think she is either afraid of making him angry (he is a 3rd degree black belt), or she...

View more questions Search