Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beautifulworld Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2011, 03:38 AM
    Confused on what to do..
    So I met this guy who is 30 on Facebook in July. He asked me out a couple weeks ago. We met for coffee.. Then walked around downtown and looked at christmas lights.. Next night.. I went out for ice cream with him and his daughter.. Next night watched a movie at his place.. A couple nights later we made a ginger bread house and he finally kissed me. Nothing more than a nice makeout session.

A few nights later I joined him for christmas shopping. Said he would call me the next day.. (which would've been friday) he didn't. I didn't bother to get a hold of him since he did say that he would be getting a hold of me.

So I finally hear from him today. (sunday) a text that reads..
    "hey sorry for being so distant. What are you up to?"
    I respond with
    "just watching football. Everything alright"
    He says
    "fun. Yes everything is fine. I really like hanging and talking to you. I was just worried about moving too fast..."
    I replied
    "yeah. Thanks for being honest"
    He says
    "i do like hanging with you. I want to more. I just have to slow it down because I told myself I wouldn't get into another relationship for a bit. Can you still hang and be my friend?"
    I said
    "of course.. I definitely understand and appreciate your honesty. You said you want to slow things down because you aren't ready for a relationship right now.. Does that mean you see us having potential in the future or do you just see us having friendship?"
    He said
    "i don't know honestly. I'm just doing everything one day at a time. I just got out of a long bad breakup though and I just need time to focus on myself and my daughter.. I don't want to lead you on or get your hopes up.. So I would say we focus on the friendship thing."
    I said
    "yeah I definitely understand. No need to rush. I'm happy with the way things are going."
    He replied with a smiley.

I'm just having a hard time understanding if he strictly only wants to be friends or if.. I play my cards right.. When he is ready I'll be the one for him..
    I'm assuming that since he is 30 with a daughter he is done playing games and doesn't have time to mess around.. He has never been married and his last relationship ended in September and was a little over a year long.

What can I or do I do to show him that I care and that I want to have this relationship when he is ready? Or.. Should I just plan on moving on now?
    Help! Ugh.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 04:15 AM
    I fully disagree with a new date being around children of one partner or the other until long term dating first. It is not fair and confuses the children.

It is a little early for a relationship after his break up. But talking and discussion with him is all you can do.
    LuckyChucky13 Posts: 41, Reputation: 13

Dec 13, 2011, 11:48 PM
    All you can do for now is be his friend. If things go further now, you'll be a rebound and you definitely don't want that. He was honest when he said he wants to hang out more and talk to you more, so take his word for it and be his friend.

If and when he's ready to take it further, he'll let you know.

Hope things work out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, pregnancy,confused confused [ 2 Answers ]

On 1st Aug 09, I had a very painful period which came 12days late.Before the period came, I had unusually swollen breasts,cramping consistently, consistent headache and nausea. I have been trying for a baby in the last 12months.I have never used any pill, nor gotten pregnant before. My period is...

Confused [ 1 Answers ]

I think I am failing college,but still not sure. I am a college student in the uk, and I have finished the hnd course during the last 10 months but the problem is I still have ork for college that I haven't submitted yet,they told me that I need to get it done anyway, I said I will but till now I...

I'm confused [ 7 Answers ]

I like a girl and she knows it and feels bad that she doesn't like me back. She has a boyfriend and I want to get over her but its like impossible. What should I do?

Confused.don't know what to do.and how to do [ 8 Answers ]

hey... guys... I am pretty familia with this forum... been giving advised and getting advise... but still now.. I still need pplz helpz.. so if anyone can.. that would be so helpful ^^... I am a 19 years old... just grad from high school... single... nice... average looking... but I never...

I'm confused [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 4 years. I have never cheated on him and I don't believe he has cheated on me. The first day I came on my menstrual period I had red broken skin on one side of my vagina. This is the second time this has happened in the past 2 months. It only happened when my...

View more questions Search