Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Verdeleyte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2011, 01:23 AM
    Ex boyfriend wants to work things out, and be together again...
    ... But he says he is not in love with me. We were together for two years, broke up with NC for a month and a half, and now we've been sort of seeing each other for the past month. He says that he enjoys being with me, that he's comfortable with me and is happy when we're together. Because of this he wants to give us another shot because he feels like we can work it out... But at the same time he says he's not in love with me? Not sure what to make of this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 02:10 AM
    If he is not in love with you, then he is just lonely and wants someone to be with. Being with you is easier than finding someone new for now.

Have more respect for yourself and just stop all contact with him for now and move on
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Dec 12, 2011, 04:29 AM
    He sounds like an idiot.

I agree with Chuck. He's obviously just not over you, and it sounds like he's using you. YOU be the boss. Say you don't want to do this any more.

X Dani
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 03:12 PM
    Clearly he is using you as an option and filling you with false hope to keep you close until he finds a better option. Don't fall for his words, simply go back to NC, and stick with it this time.
    LuckyChucky13 Posts: 41, Reputation: 13

Dec 12, 2011, 03:48 PM
    He's telling you he's not in love with you but wants to work it out and you're confused?

You're both speaking English, but you're not talking the same language. He's speaking 'Selfish' and you're understanding 'second chances'. For your own good for now and in the long-run, tell him that you will never accept being an option in his life. You're either 'IT' or you're moving on.
    It's not easy to have to go through what you're going through, but most of us do and in the long run you will learn to respect yourself more and make it known to the other person.
    If you want to be happy with someone, find someone who will support you while you make yourself happy. No one can make you happy but yourself.

All the best to you...
    Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 04:26 PM
    ERROR: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LuckyChucky13 again.

Talaniman Rule - Never let others make decisions for you that you should make yourself, for yourself.

Dec 12, 2011, 05:13 PM
    talaniman,

ERROR: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LuckyChucky13 again.

What does this mean?
    Expert

Dec 12, 2011, 05:24 PM
    It means I agree but could not officially ackowledge it at this time, with the helpful/not helpful button.

Dec 12, 2011, 05:48 PM
    OK,

Thank you. And kudos for offering your help to all those people. I'm sure they appreciate it.

Best wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rebound Relationship... will it work? [ 2 Answers ]

My best friends whom I care very deeply about as a friend and who I secretly love (he does not know), has just left his wife of 14 yrs for a 20 yr old girl he met about 4 weeks ago. The marriage was not good from the start. He stuck around because she got pregnant and she resented him from day one....

Can a relationship with an alcoholic boyfriend and four young children work [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I were together for three years. He is an alcoholic but not abusive or violent and is coherent most of the time (Most people wouldn't even guess). Having said that he has never worked in all the time we were together. He was the sole wage-earner when with his ex - supporting her...

Need to work on my relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I am also very selfish and I'm on my way to losing my 6month old daughter and my fiancé. I have other mental issues and without medication I'm a nut. My fiancé is getting sick of my bull and says that he's been putting up with it for 2 years now and he said if I don't get help he will leave but I...

Man and Work and Relationship [ 2 Answers ]

Dear experts, I have dated with my boyfriend for about 2 months. He is an energetic and social-type person. Besides, he is confident and optimistic. Also, he is usually busy with his work. Sometimes, he works overtime. As recently, he has some problems to solve with his work, I found...

View more questions Search