Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sned25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 02:17 PM
    How do I file my state taxes
    I was a resident of Oregon for 11 months in 2006. How do I file my state taxes without paying taxes for the one month that I was not an Oregon resident?

Unfortunately, I received a large bonus the month I was not a resident and don't want to pay extra taxes for the time I wasn't a resident.

Thank you!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 10, 2007, 11:53 PM
    If the other state was Washington, Texas, Florida, New Hampshire, Tennesee, Nevada and (I think) Alaska, then , no, you do not have to file for the one month, because these states have NO state incometax.

Otherwise, you must file and claim the income.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the Tax law for paying taxes [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone know where to find the actual tax code requiring individuals to pay income tax on wages earned?:confused: Cannot find the code anywhere under Title 26.

How to file two state taxes and forms [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was working in NJ and Aug 2006 I moved my job to CA. I am living in NJ. I changed my employer's also. I have two W2 forms and I need to apply for two states. I am working in CA, living and my family is staying in NJ. What are the forms I need to fill? How to apply like resident of NJ or...

H1B paying taxes on W2 and 1099 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am on H1-B status, i.e. I am being paid by my Employer for which I will be paying taxes on W2 Form. I got an opportunity to earn money legally for my services using 1099 form. Am I allowed to pay taxes for the earned income using both W2, 1099 being on H1 B status? I apreciate your...

Paying taxes on inherited annuity [ 1 Answers ]

My brother and I were beneficiary of an annuity. I understand we pay taxes on the taxable amount listed in box 2a of the 1099. My question is... do I treat this as income adding it to myearned income and possibly raising my tax bracket, or do I pay taxes based on the earned income bracket? ...

Do nonresident aliens file state taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

So if someone is a nonresident for federal purposes, than he is a nonresident for all states or is resident in state where the university is located? Confusion, confusion...

View more questions Search